RC- vs. 95 Eclipse turbo/ vs. 91 Camaro *Edit, 95 or newer

rimbasher57

So my run in with this Eclipse was on the freeway and I had been wanting to give the car a try since I got it and this was my chance. I saw him crusing when I came down the on ramp and pulled up behind him. There was some traffic but he immediately took off. I don't know if he was modded or not, just a muffler out the back.

I was boosting about 11psi at the time and took off after him and pulled up hard, changed lanes around him and lost a little ground and then quickly made it up through the top of 3rd gear. We both had to converge to the middle lane due to traffic and by the time we got there I was 2 cars in front of him and then gone. It was a blast, not the greatest place for a race, but lots of fun. Realized I was doing 180km/h and decided 100 over the speed limit was enough.

The camaro did not go so well, his instant torque had him pull up 2 car lengths before I even had my turbo spooled. I stayed at about 2 cars with him till about 130km and then he gained another car up to about 155. I wasn't to dissapointed seeing as he has about 100lb/ft more torque than I do. And his motor is nearly 3 times the size.

I love this car :lol:

lumbercis

Please don't race in traffic.

On the spool thing, you need to learn to brake boost if you are going to have a chance against high hp NA's.

Be safe,

J.

rimbasher57

ya I know how to brake boost, but when someone else punches it first, you don't have much time. As for the racing in traffic thing, ya it's not ideal.