205 spoiler on 185

Hotrodhendrix

To thin...... Not a fan but I will be doing the st205 wrc spoiler on mine soon. Well as soon as money permits me to. I may try some different things to help with the look from the rear. Still kinda fugly from the back but from the front and sides I think it looks PERFECT. :D

CMS-GT4

Quit buying extra cars and you should be able to afford to finish the alltrac. ;)

Add some pics to this thread once you stock mocking it up. I want to see how it turns out.

It has been proven to add additional down force, so I wonder how you car will be affected at higher speeds.

Hotrodhendrix

CMS-GT4":1ybmcnfn said:
Quit buying extra cars and you should be able to afford to finish the alltrac. ;)

Add some pics to this thread once you stock mocking it up. I want to see how it turns out.

It has been proven to add additional down force, so I wonder how you car will be affected at higher speeds.

:oops: True.
I will add pics once I get this project started. I think around the same time I will be doing the electric power steering pump. If it goes well I will do a write up on that as well. I may just have to check out my top speed before and after the spoiler. :evil:

timmey

That supra one is too thin, i agree. I also am interested in doing a 205 spoiler before I paint, but I need to have a brake light in it to be legal, unless I install one in my rear window.

WarTowels

^Really?

The law here (Maine) is that if there is a light, it has to work.

But there is no law that says if you get a different spoiler, say without a light, that one must be put in it's place.

Not sure if Canada is different, may want to check on that?

-Towels

timmey

All I know is you have to have a 3rd brake light, I can double check though. Thats all I mean. Right now my spoiler has a LED strip. So I need one with one, or have to put one in my window.

CMS-GT4

timmey":3jyrmuic said:
All I know is you have to have a 3rd brake light, I can double check though. Thats all I mean. Right now my spoiler has a LED strip. So I need one with one, or have to put one in my window.

There is a window add on for non spoiler celicas. You might find it cheap at a junk yard. I have the light and rear hatch cover. I might be up for a trade, but shipping might be a bit much.

CMS-GT4

They made them for the hatch version. The hatch I bought to replace my old one has the rear plastic cut, and a brake light fitted in its place. It needs new screws though. I need to dig it out and verify its condition, since its been a while.

Tazka

Hotrodhendrix":104wnmnr said:
http://homepage.virgin.net/shalco.com/tte_ST205.htm

If you read down this article a few paragraphs this states that there is an up and down position to these spoilers... Any ideas on how that works?

This article makes you feel like your back in the glory days of the celica.
The spoiler has little riser blocks with GT-Four text, when you remove them the spoiler gets lower. :)

Hotrodhendrix

LOL it must be early... :oops:
For some reason I was thinking that you can change the pitch or something. :twisted:

Now it does say that the lower will have about 5 times as much drag as the higher... Whats up with that?

Tazka

it's expected that there will be 50 kg of downforce at 100 kph with the wing in the up position, and maybe five times more than that with the wing at the low position."
They say that the lower spoiler version has 5 times less downforce than the higher. Wich is pretty obvious i say.

i modified an evo style wing and made it work with the stock 3 piece spoiler. it looks similar to the evo 6 double deck wing.... looks pretty cool imo. goes with the body lines really nice i think. ill be posting a bunch of pics pretty soon here when i get my camara so you guys can see what im talkin bout, i like it, but im not sure u guys will lol.....