Texas Gathering Ideas?

darthripley

i'm definitely a wussie i like A/C in the summer - tired of being without it in both R2 & Vadar.
i worked jobs back in the day in houses with no A/C & it was say 105 outside & you could barely touch the walls b/c they were so hot.
so i'm used to heat to a point, like working outside doesn't bother me too much but this past summer in the cars it sucked badly & it really got to me so A/C recharge & repairs are a top priority in both cars this winter.

MixMaster

The problem is the showing up with a sweaty back, red face, just cooking in the heat. I chose to leave my AC deleted for the time being...but it is brutal.

March or April would be the best times for Texas weather next year unless you can wait until Late October-November.

Did any of you guys see this:

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/s ... p?t=486811

They're cruising some SICK roads just south of Austin-possibly the best in TX. Let me know if any of you are coming down, I think I may try to head over.

darthripley

yeah and a lot of the younger guys are in college so they have school then & can't make it so everyone just compromises & deals with the heat in the summer.

i saw that MR-S (since majority of the cars are Spyders) cruise/meet.
i know those roads well & where they are wanting to drive is less than an hour from san antonio, so pretty far south for us.
joe can't get off work to go down there friday & we're not driving half the night just to get there at 7am or whenever they are wanting to start the cruise.

DEATHGT2

I know I'm good to bring at least 5 cars - sorry they'll all be FWD but at least a few of us will have some real power to the ground.

Hotrodhendrix

I like all kinds of celica's so im looking forward to seeing more then just alltrac's! I havnt even seen a half trac in person before.

darthripley

Hotrodhendrix":3ejbjv0u said:
Im ready for the alltrac/ celica meet!!! We should be able to make some kind of record if most of us go.

yeah if more than 2 of us show up it will be a record lol :doh:

all gen Celicas are welcome - old school RWD, FWD or AWD - let's have an even bigger turnout & a longer hill country cruise this next meet :D

sakara

hey guys, i'm at fort hood now! i'll be deployed in jan though :( any mini meets yall wanna do before then i'd be up for though haha

Hotrodhendrix

Sweet! I have a buddy down there I have been meaning to go see. If I can get down there by then I will send you a message and maybe we can have a mini mini meet. :p

darthripley

we might be going down in a couple of weeks to kileen/ft.hood to get some MR2 parts from someone there, but we would be in the Camry to haul all the parts lol

bluemonkey

you should all come and bring me a new motor or turbo

whichever one it is i need

stupid car won't make it obvious for me :doh:

Hotrodhendrix

I wonder if we could do something like the 3si guys are doing. Meet up at a dyno place, car show, cruise etc. There group is alot bigger so they get some really big sponsors and do a whole weekend thing but maybe someting like it but smaller.

MixMaster

I know I've said it a million times but I'm right here in Austin and only need a couple days notice. I've been busy with the new baby but I still read almost everday on here. Let me know....

lumbercis

Just an idea for you guys, but you could piggyback on the TX2k9 National Supra meet. It's from March 19-22 near Houston I believe. Of course Supras are the focus of the weekend, but there will certainly be a few people there that can appreciate a unique Toyota like the alltrac.

J.