opinions of e-manage blue

MrDB

Im currently looking for peoples opinion of the emanage on a st185.

I have been offered an e-manage at a price i cant refuse with all cables ign/fuel etc and im hoping to use it on my 185. Simple want it to tweak the maps a little and be able to run 550 injectors so im not running 100% duty..

I was just wondering if anyone has fitted/used one on theres and what they thought of it ??

Mafix

i have never liked emanage and that's on a lot of cars. it doesn't seem to work so well with any toyota ecu.

MrDB

I agree to some extent but i also have seen some cars run very well with them inc gt4's nothing seems consistant...

Have you actually fitted one to a gt4 if so what were the problems?

Shaggz00

I have the e-manage blue in my 165. I too, only got it because it was a great price (free 8) ) I have the ignition harness (not installed), fuel harness, software, etc. It works great for me, I've had it in for about 8 months with no problems. My buddy was able to tune it on the dyno with no problems as well. It easily allows you to use larger injectors, and I think if all you wanna do is tweak fuel it will be perfect.

The most important part about using the blue in our cars is to study, re-study, and do searches on how to install it properly in your car (which wires go where). I say go for it

gearhead4life

I'm interested to see if this thread will continue with update from you on how it works for you. I just bought a complete emanage blue to use on my st185 after I get my 2nd gen JDM swap installed along with 540cc injectors, st205wta intercooler with Cobra heat exchanger, and larger exhaust. Good luck! 8)

MrDB

Well ive now got it just need to fit then get it mapped.

Only cost £100 and £15 for data lead so another £200 to get it mapped and i should be done...

I will be fitting and zeroing all the maps in a week or so just make make sure its wired in correctly and use it just as a passthrough, i will then do some logging with it also and then wait till i get bigger injectors before i get it mapped.

It will probably be new year now before i get it mapped with 540's so watch this space.

I will take pics of install when i do it so it can be used as reference etc...

Shaggz00

cool, good luck on the install!

The datalogging feature is pretty cool, the only thing I wish it really had was an input for wideband. Just a tip, there is one wire, I think it's a grey one or something... in the wiring diagram it doesn't tell you where it goes, but it IS in the instruction/owners manual. Unfortunately, I can't remember where it goes to off the top of my head :doh:

MrDB

You can input wideband by using spare afm input this can then be logged. You need a wideband that will output an anolog signal but most good ones do.

ok i'm even less informed about the emanage but i was considering it for the ST205. does anyone even know if it can work on the 3rd gen 3sgte or only the AFM models? i saw the ST205 listed on the box but the model does not appear on the list on their website. and i cant find a detailed list of what features it actually has.

Shaggz00

I'm fairly certain that you would be able to use it with the 205, BUT...I think it would be pointless :p The main reason I say that, is because the e-manage uses the AFM signals to pull fuel. So I guess you could use it to play with the injectors a bit, but you probably won't have too much tuneability.

siralys

Glad you guys wrote this. I was just starting to look into the emanage for my 165 All I need is more fuel so it seems like its what I'm looking for. Just real quick are there other options in the same price range as the emanage?

mx6er2587

the emange's most direct competition is the aem f/ic (fuel ignition controller) Overall I feel its probably a slightly better fit for the alltrac then the emange. However no one I know has tried/ been able to get one running on a 3sgte.

For slightly more then the emanage blue there is the emanage ultimate. There are several guys running these. But guess what; these aren't easy to get running on the 3s either. The one person I know of who has one running 100% built some custom circuitry to make some of the signals read correctly.

There is also the various afc/safc/vafc/hks safc all these guys do about the same thing. They let you tweak the afm signal to trick the euc into thinking there is different volumes of air. They're cheaper then the blue but lack the ability to correct the ignition timing wich is thrown way off when you mess with the afm signal

You can also send your ecu into ats to have it remapped. This is the most expensive option listed here but its a fairly good one. Problem with a remap is that you have no tunability. If its wrong its wrong and unless you can get your car to ats to tune its just a guessing game. No don't get me wrong ats is very good at guessing. With the huge number of cars they've tuned they have maps for just about anything.

Personaly in the $200-500 price range I think the emanage blue is the best buy.

siralys

Thanks. I just got my st165 and I haven't gotten to get real familiar with everything yet, pretty much its all new to me. So I'm just trying to figure things out as far as what to do. My neighbor tunes cars daily but I haven't gotten him to look at it yet. How do these ecu's respond to chip tuning? He uses chrome because he knows how to write his own codes and shit haha hes a genius but I didn't know if he'd be able to tune the alltrac like he does with hondas and nissans.

mx6er2587

unforutnatly there are no user programable chip tunes for the alltrac. The only ready available rom tune is the one from ats and as I mentioned you can't tune it yourself.

Now if your buddy really is that good with crome, there have been several guys who have converted to a honda ecu running crome with good results. Theres some info on it here and there but you really need to know your wiring to make that work

MrDB

Well almost got a patch harness made. All wires located except for ignition control. Anyone know what wires to intercept on OEM harness ??