Floor reinforcement gone from bad to ugly!

2RM

So bad news, my front sway bar mounting point broke off on the right side! :doh: It was rusted pretty bad when I bought the car but now its gone. I wanted to replace the complete floor reinforcement on the right side but the part is discontinued! I wounder if the GT, GTS share the same part with all trac or not? Although those could be unavialable as well. Have to come up with a plan how to fix it.... Maybe section something in???? Your suggestions, please. I know it is a pretty common problem for st185s.

WarTowels

Both of mine came off also. :cry:

I had them welded up. That was last year, and he did a lack luster job. One is still secure, the other isn't.

-Towels

Wicked Toys

I currently have this issue on my passenger side. I plan on getting a restoration shop to cut and weld it back together next year.

2RM

Ok, its fixed! :) I couldnt get a new rail or make one up. It is too small to make out of sheet metal. At least I tried but it came out too big, so I decided to cut a part of the old rused out one and replace it with a stip of 3mill steel. It came out nice. It doesent look factory but sure is better than a rusted out piece of rail. The biggest pita was to clean all that factory undercoating for a good weld. It is very thick and in some spots like 4 mills thick! Cant grinde it of it clogs the grinding disks up! So I had to srape it of with a little screwdriver :doh:. It took me 2hours to srape it of. Hope its going to hold well! :D