Dirt drifting the 165

Shaggz00

Nice!

I'd really like to go for a run on your course! Ours is longer, but it's on an old cornfield or something I think, there are usually some pretty nasty ruts and large rocks. Not to mention groundhog holes....

Yours looks all smooth and the dirt isn't too dry or too wet 8)

LegacyofDan

how do u guys meet the right ppl to find these places? i would love to find a local one near me, but i guess i just dont know the right ppl, or dont know where to look lol...any pointers?

WideFNopen

Shaggz00":25loyowx said:
Nice!

I'd really like to go for a run on your course! Ours is longer, but it's on an old cornfield or something I think, there are usually some pretty nasty ruts and large rocks. Not to mention groundhog holes....

Yours looks all smooth and the dirt isn't too dry or too wet 8)

Come on down! That was the last event of the season but they start up in Febuary, iirc.

One of the other courses we run is basically just old farm paths that are really fast and smooth with tons of blind corners.

88st165

That looks very fun! I wish there were rallyx events closer to me. The closest is around 2hrs and thats too far away if I break something. But Ill prob try it anyway with my white 165.

WideFNopen

LegacyofDan":2bj72w9e said:
how do u guys meet the right ppl to find these places? i would love to find a local one near me, but i guess i just dont know the right ppl, or dont know where to look lol...any pointers?

Here is a link to my clubs site, it has links to other clubs in the surrounding areas.

http://thscc.com/general/info/links.html

Around here if you are willing to drive a little, you can pretty much find some sort of compitition every weekend but holidays.

WideFNopen

88st165":1qmp7msf said:
That looks very fun! I wish there were rallyx events closer to me. The closest is around 2hrs and thats too far away if I break something. But Ill prob try it anyway with my white 165.

Tow the white one to the rallyx with the red one, thats Ballin out of Control!

WideFNopen

RedCelicaTRD":2y78oj21 said:
I think that would be fun to do but I'm a big wimp and dont like mud on my Celicas.

How did you place?

Haha, I deff have some cleaning time on the Celica this week!

I DNFd by missing a cone on accident. I also lost a mud flap so thats why I had the same 2 cones on each pass. As I came by the cone in two different sections of the track the dirt jet from the rear driver's tire would tip over the cone.

LegacyofDan

WideFNopen":1k3vinse said:
LegacyofDan":1k3vinse said:

Here is a link to my clubs site, it has links to other clubs in the surrounding areas.

http://thscc.com/general/info/links.html

Around here if you are willing to drive a little, you can pretty much find some sort of compitition every weekend but holidays.

awesome thanks bro :)

RedCelicaTRD

WideFNopen":2fgk85lj said:
I also lost a mud flap so thats why I had the same 2 cones on each pass. As I came by the cone in two different sections of the track the dirt jet from the rear driver's tire would tip over the cone.

Interesting. I would have never thought of that. I would have gone without flaps and just thought I was a really crappy driver.

WideFNopen

RedCelicaTRD":1uahag93 said:
WideFNopen":1uahag93 said:
I also lost a mud flap so thats why I had the same 2 cones on each pass. As I came by the cone in two different sections of the track the dirt jet from the rear driver's tire would tip over the cone.

Interesting. I would have never thought of that. I would have gone without flaps and just thought I was a really crappy driver.

Upon further review, I clearly hit at least one cone with the front of the car.

wakkjobb

I need to stop checking this section... have a #2 AllTrac that I son't know exactly what to do with yet.

...yet
Dan