my 90 st185 vs 93 EG w/ jdm ITR

wizzards581

a friend of mines... 93 civic w/ '00 jdm ITR swap. im thinking those are rated 210hp?.. anyway mine is fairly stock and weigh 500lbs or more then his? i only have a cheap airfilter w/ the 3" full exhuast xs-power twintip. no boost controller nor fcd... his got cold air intake, headers, exhuast. we roll 3rd gear pulls... i pulled 1 car length when we floored and while shifting into 4th he come and pass me and at the end of 4th gear im about 2 car length behind... at full boost im at 15psi and close to redline drops to 13psi... still runing on stock tmic... :cry: but the bayareaAT tmic is ready to drop in.. well c how it goes this weekend... im expecting gains... mayb i should throw my mbc back in.

what do u guys think? any comments, opinions, suggestions?

those EG w/ jdm ITR are pretty fast though.. i use to have a EG w/ jdm GSR.

wizzards581

Mafix":1garsuqq said:
you're going to get killed if that honda is anywhere close to tuned

yea,... wat did i expect going against someting with more power and lighter but he was suprise with my car... he was still running the stock p73 jdm itr ecu. i jus want to test out where mine is standing on topend... :smokes:

Mafix

is that a full interior and system and everything car?
i would suspect so because if that thing was lightened up you should ahve never pulled on it

wizzards581

Mafix":1ndv114i said:
is that a full interior and system and everything car?
i would suspect so because if that thing was lightened up you should ahve never pulled on it

he got no ac, ps. i looked at the motor already and prob full interior. but i know its a dx or cx model... it still has the rear drum brakes...

Wicked Toys

Damn must be Honda Race week lol. And our races seemd to end the same way but with different circumstances.

I do know he also pre-vailed by shifting at 9k vs 6200 for me. Damn Go-Karts :twisted:

I just wish I had like a ct20 at 17psi, 3" Exhaust and my W2A on and I'd say I have him with spray.

But yeah I say throw the new top mount in and mbc turn the boost up to 14-15 and try again.

wizzards581

lumbercis":pyngh6vp said:
How were you running 15psi with no boost controller?

j.

:shrug: i dont know.. thats what i been bugging "alltracshoak"... im not getting fuel cut either... i dont even feel safe if theres any fuel cut at all on this motor...

Wicked Toys

I just don't know how you didn't hit FC.

My car stock ECU was a solid 10psi no more. Threw a boost controller and as soon as 12psi hits "bam" car smacks you in the face. All good now though love my Mines ECU I learned it's fuel cut is 18 but I have no need to boost past 14-15 on this ct26 turbo.

tintman22

I installed a EBC in mine and the cap that I installed on the acuator to plug it, fell off. This caused me to run 16.9psi with no fuel cut :shock: even with my EBC turned off. Put a new cap on it and clamped it down and have never had a problem since. So I would check the lines that run off the acuator to the rear of the engine and to the turbo to see if they have a leak or if they are even conected. Hope this is of some help to you :)

alltracshoak

i have issues with boost creep when i install my fmic, 3'' dp, 3'' exhaust and straight intake. im sure some other people experienced boost creep

wizzards581

alltracshoak":1w5ogcim said:
i have issues with boost creep when i install my fmic, 3'' dp, 3'' exhaust and straight intake. im sure some other people experienced boost creep

boost creep doesnt trigger the fuel cut system? what if i use my mbc and boost it at 15psi, would i expect fuel cut to come on at 12psi?