Ever heard of an All-trac supercharged Previa?

Hotrodhendrix

There was one for sale on craigslist here in DFW not long ago. The title was simply "93 alltrac 1500"... I nearly had a heart attack! Talk about a downer. :cry:

Jason88AllTrac

ummmiono":3dfn6rua said:
Baller status, I'd rock it if I had to roll in a minivan. They actually look pretty damn clean

As far as minivans go, the previa alltrac is about as cool as it gets IMO. Turbo caravans are not quite as unique...

I've seen 4 or 5 of them still on the roads in the last few years; that's more than the 3 other celica alltrac's I've seen. Does anyone know how many were sold stateside?

edv-tek

yeah I have one. Thought I would never own a van or a station wagon. But I can see why it took me a couple of years to find an alltrac with the options and in good shape. Most of the time people would not let them go even if you offer them money on the street. California designed, dealers know they can turn the Previa all-trac over easily. A well optioned Previa Allt-trac LE went for about 32K retail new. And a matter of fact when purchasing the van used, the dealer had to cancel a previous prospective owner appointment and turn down another over the phone since it I was buting it. I was told take it or leave it. $2900 so I found a hole in the cv boot and then it was $2800. I laid down a deposit to hold it once I saw it. I didn't really want to buy it but once I saw the all-trac I had to do the deal then and there since the van was in very good shape and it was so close(15mis.). The van was suprisingly clean for the mileage. 199K. I checked with a few Toyota master mechanics and the told me that the engine was a strong engine that had few if any problems. A 40-60 klm JDM engine starts at $700. So if worst came to worst I would replace engine and or trans for cheap.

It is a super white 95 Previa All-trac LE s/c auto w/overdrive switch, CD, power windows/locks, front and rear a/c unit, cup holders(9)intermittant wipers, cruise control, 4 wheel disc brakes, 15 inch alloy wheels with desert sand interior w/leather seats. It has a stock LSD in the rear. And the four captain chairs with the rear captain's chairs that rotate. The rear bench seat will fold up to the sides of the van.

With the supercharged engine it is no race car but it will smoke most honda civics(no torque) w/fart cans.(Previa S/C =160hp, 201 torque 6 lbs of boost). It is a easy drive. You sit right over the engine and it lowers the point of gravity. I forgot to mention that this vehicle weighs 3800 lbs. Front drivers seat folds back to get access to the engine(not much of the engine). The engine has a unique drive shaft mounted on the crankshaft to the front of the vehicle to operate the accessories, supercharger, alternator, power steering etc. This accessory drive shaft is the first thing that should be replaced if worn. With this accessory drive when it wears the rubber bushing loose and it gets noisy and vibrates, kind of like the rear diff mount for the alltrac celicas when the rubber breaks or tears. I have replaced everything necessary so that I can just replace the oil now.

Basically you get very use to driving it as I did with my two old 88 alltracs celica, but this vehicle is basically maintenance free and I can drive it anywhere except down a rally track. Next to replace the plastic headlights w/ jdm glass w/ foglamps and front jdm corners and some hid lights. One regret though I would to have liked the two sunroof option instead of the luggage rack(I have never seen a sunroof option on a decked out alltrac?) and tow hitch option. I kinda feel like this is the now version of the hippie van of the sixties and it would be an excellent camping van(I wish it had a stove and frid like the VW camper). -ed

A

Anonymous

mike325ci, what was the problem with your old Previa? How did the guy fix it up easily? (Wondering in case I ever see the same thing),
TIA

mike325ci

Xen2050":fah92njq said:
mike325ci, what was the problem with your old Previa? How did the guy fix it up easily? (Wondering in case I ever see the same thing),
TIA

It was the fuel pressure regulator. He replaced that and the van was up and running happily again... I sold it for so cheap and I'm sure if he sold it, he would have made out nicely. But I think he is probably keeping it, since he did say he had a few in his family and they love the Previas cos they just don't die... So no burgundy AllTrac S/C LE for us, hehe!! ;)

altracam

My favorite Van. Practical + reliable. I love these egg shaped vans. It stands out from the pool of cookie cutter minivans. I also like the Eurovan but they do not offer the AWD here in the U.S + not as reliable as the Prevs.

Greg_Canada

edv-tek":3oyu21ku said:
yeah I have one. Thought I would never own a van or a station wagon. But I can see why it took me a couple of years to find an alltrac with the options and in good shape. Most of the time people would not let them go even if you offer them money on the street. California designed, dealers know they can turn the Previa all-trac over easily. A well optioned Previa Allt-trac LE went for about 32K retail new. And a matter of fact when purchasing the van used, the dealer had to cancel a previous prospective owner appointment and turn down another over the phone since it I was buting it. I was told take it or leave it. $2900 so I found a hole in the cv boot and then it was $2800. I laid down a deposit to hold it once I saw it. I didn't really want to buy it but once I saw the all-trac I had to do the deal then and there since the van was in very good shape and it was so close(15mis.). The van was suprisingly clean for the mileage. 199K. I checked with a few Toyota master mechanics and the told me that the engine was a strong engine that had few if any problems. A 40-60 klm JDM engine starts at $700. So if worst came to worst I would replace engine and or trans for cheap.

It is a super white 95 Previa All-trac LE s/c auto w/overdrive switch, CD, power windows/locks, front and rear a/c unit, cup holders(9)intermittant wipers, cruise control, 4 wheel disc brakes, 15 inch alloy wheels with desert sand interior w/leather seats. It has a stock LSD in the rear. And the four captain chairs with the rear captain's chairs that rotate. The rear bench seat will fold up to the sides of the van.

With the supercharged engine it is no race car but it will smoke most honda civics(no torque) w/fart cans.(Previa S/C =160hp, 201 torque 6 lbs of boost). It is a easy drive. You sit right over the engine and it lowers the point of gravity. I forgot to mention that this vehicle weighs 3800 lbs. Front drivers seat folds back to get access to the engine(not much of the engine). The engine has a unique drive shaft mounted on the crankshaft to the front of the vehicle to operate the accessories, supercharger, alternator, power steering etc. This accessory drive shaft is the first thing that should be replaced if worn. With this accessory drive when it wears the rubber bushing loose and it gets noisy and vibrates, kind of like the rear diff mount for the alltrac celicas when the rubber breaks or tears. I have replaced everything necessary so that I can just replace the oil now.

Basically you get very use to driving it as I did with my two old 88 alltracs celica, but this vehicle is basically maintenance free and I can drive it anywhere except down a rally track. Next to replace the plastic headlights w/ jdm glass w/ foglamps and front jdm corners and some hid lights. One regret though I would to have liked the two sunroof option instead of the luggage rack(I have never seen a sunroof option on a decked out alltrac?) and tow hitch option. I kinda feel like this is the now version of the hippie van of the sixties and it would be an excellent camping van(I wish it had a stove and frid like the VW camper). -ed
You can get an OEM fridge for those no?

Chai

edv-tek":1uj2mzbd said:
Chill Box? This the first one that I heard of. Thought it was myth. Pics?

No Chill box are real. The Previa manual shows the picture too. Now I have never seen one in a previa but I've seen many in the older Toyota vans that looks like the Previas but not called Previa.

underscore

this is the first I have heard of a S/C one, I want one now. If I ever have kids I'll import one from Japan