project alltracst185 update! 6/15/14 rust is gone!!! :)

alltracst185

RedCelicaTRD":2gb09px8 said:
Whats going on with those CCWs in the background?

They are 5/114 bolt pattern 18 int the rear and 17 in the front. I got them to put a a supra but never got the supra :( make me an offer if you want them.

alltracst185

So i got some time to work on the trac last week and today, YAY!

Lastweek i found out that my valve cover was junk :x so i got a new old one thanks to Gary! I plan to polish it in the next week or so.
mygt4project043.jpg

mygt4project.jpg

Today i got the stock fuel rail and injectors out and cleaned some carbon build up in the throttlebody. The head is very dirty and needs a good hot tanking! I think my plans have changed a bit so i will be pulling the engine and cleaning it up :D I have to order a new hg and other seals and what not that is needed for the rebuild. Here is a shot of my head and engine bay as of now.
mygt4project042.jpg

mygt4project041.jpg

Hopefully i get a few hours to work on her this weekend :p

vip09

That head looks pretty nasty! It would definitely be a good idea to get that head refreshed when it comes out.

GMan

Good luck on the project.

> I have to order a new hg and other seals and
> what not that is needed for the rebuild.

I have various collection of parts and gaskets.
I do have an ATS HG too i never used.

let me know.

Always good to make Progress.

Regards;
-----------------------

WarTowels

0525081954.jpg

waterfall.jpg

It's near impossible to make noticeable changes on a photo like this because the quality of the image itself is low.

-Towels

alltracst185

so i just got out of work and now i get to go strip the greddy td06 20g kit off.

the first step to the step up in the high hp world :evil:

awaiting the new hks gt3040 :smokes:

alltracst185

after a hour or less it's out!

td06001-1.jpg

bye bye greddy td06 20g and hello hks :wink:

td06003-1.jpg

i'll post some pics of the hks gt3040 when it arrives....can't wait! i'm giddy like a school girl just thinking about it. lol

alltracst185

WarTowels":3ehyxc95 said:
Nice.

I hope we can try and meet up again this summer, so I can see your car!

-GV=reg
i plan to have it done in a couple months...we'll see...i hope so. if it is done we should meet up at the beach nd cruise the strip, take pics of the cars. so it's me you and gman prob, who else from the east coast is in for a beach meet?

WarTowels

Lmao- "-GV=reg"

I guess my wireless keyboard got the better of me that time.

I saw a white alltrac in Portsmouth, NH- but never got ahold of them.

There is another Alltrac (185) up Maine, but he never responds to me... and rarely posts.

So, all I know that's moderately local is you, me, and GMan. Plus the guys in Maryland and New York...

-Greg

WarTowels

Did you end up getting the NRG quick release hub?

If so, what parts do you need?

There seems to be the regular hub... some sort of short hub, and then some sort of locking mechanism.

I just want a plane old quick release in relatively the same length as the stocker. I'd buy a momo hub, but for $70 online... I'd rather spend a little bit more and get something cooler.

Thanks

-Greg

robolt

WarTowels":n7d7bwl5 said:
Lmao- "-GV=reg"

I guess my wireless keyboard got the better of me that time.

I saw a white alltrac in Portsmouth, NH- but never got ahold of them.

There is another Alltrac (185) up Maine, but he never responds to me... and rarely posts.

So, all I know that's moderately local is you, me, and GMan. Plus the guys in Maryland and New York...

-Greg

True,
I rarely post, but I do monitor the forums.
It seems like I have too many interests and little spare time these days, I did not drive the alltrac last year. Only have had it out in the summer a couple of times. Keep mostly stored warm and dry and tinker on it from time to time. I could always surprise you show up.

But, I was surprised to see another black alltrac in Maine up the coast from me; seen it a number of times over the years.

...robolt