New and a question

transan

Greeting guys. Been lurking the boards for a while now and gathering some information before I get my first jdm and celica at that!

iwas about to send a deposit on this car http://tyeeimports.com/Details.asp?ProductID=412 and then my buddy in Calgary pointed out the same car on the importer he bought his skyline from. they have the same car for a grand less http://jdmconnection.ca/?page_id=10&id=174

WTF is going on ??? how do two companies have the same car for sale for different prices ?[/url]

Sal

Wait. Are the ST205's allowed In Canada now? I thought they are allowed next year in February?
If I had the patience I would have bought one of those rather then my RC lol.

My guess is, You purchase it from one of the sites and they will remove it from the other. Go for the cheaper priced one of course. Ask them and tell them you notice it on two different websites. They might be able to fix it and enlighten you on the situation.

TomsGT4

Sure, you can purchase it before 2009, just can't plate/insure it until then.

Finally! ST205 imports to Canada!!
Welcome to the forum, hope you get it cause you might be the first in this club to legally drive/own one over here :)

transan

thanks guys! talking to both companies now and will be making my choice and hopfully driving it this spring

Corey

If you do a search for Tyee imports on this forum... you will find dissatisfied results.

I've been there many times in person - not once have i been impressed by their customer service, or car quality.

But at least they tend to be honest about their car's auction reports - most of which are "crash cars"

That said, that particular car appears to be in great shape with a good auction report.

Another local importer you may want to look into is http://www.zenautoworks.ca/import_to_order.htm

they import some absolutely MINT cars.

Another good importer is www.j-specimports.ca based out of austrailia - this is the one myself, and a number of other members on here have used.

They have probably been importing cars the longest of any importer you can find for canada.

transan

Thanks for the advise good stuff there. I talked to jdm connection and am meeting up with them this week for the deposit. i did a seach on them and they seem to have a good rep around here and have been very helpful to me so far. i'll let you guys know how it goes and when the car is officially mine :D

transan

dun,dun,dun, put the deposit on the car and it had some problems after we got it inspected.... im gonna get jdm connection to look for another one for me though. if anyone is looking for a import go to jdm seriously they saved me a huge hassle by being honest with me about that car. hope i find another soon! :cry:

Corey

Just to for warn you - because the ST205 was never brought over, finding parts might get tough.

Specifically engine parts. Although some parts are compatible with the 3rd rev 3SGTE out of an MR2, others are not.

On the other hand, the aftermarket for the ST205 is a bit better i think. Less stuff is discontinued :)

transan

Corey Darling":3bmtlrry said:
Just to for warn you - because the ST205 was never brought over, finding parts might get tough.

Specifically engine parts. Although some parts are compatible with the 3rd rev 3SGTE out of an MR2, others are not.

On the other hand, the aftermarket for the ST205 is a bit better i think. Less stuff is discontinued :)

the guy william at jdm connection siad he can send parts over airmail in just a few days. that and i'm going order some goodies to put inside the car for the ride over. free shipping yay!