SSAC downpipe + full catback (TONS of thumbnails and vids)

BlueDragon

339?? Where in the world did you find this so cheap its 440 shipped on both their sites??
Anyhow I just ordered mine, its 45 lb package, can anyone tell me what theirs weighed so I can have an idea if the DP is in there or not? lol

xkirex

I ordered mine from here

http://www.xs-power.com/toyota-exhaust-catbacks-3.htm

on my tracking number it said. 36.2 lb and it did not include the downpipe. Im in the process of getting my downpipe from them through an array of emails. I better get my downpipe. (even tho I already have an 3in installed that WarTowels sold me) bwuahah but nonetheless. I paid for the DP as well and i better effing get it. Im in the process on taking pictures of it on the ST165, It looks pretty sick. will post in a few minutes.

xkirex

l_98ed176254224827bb1813724694ff23.jpg

l_f0c184804e31490786c510be0114cb12.jpg

l_a01e6fcaa7e74132978d4c950ad73f0a.jpg

l_06964ca1a26c464db0ce13d3e935b995.jpg

l_3722d3f71c174cf7b816bb0d93fb6555.jpg

l_08dd7b6b0db24273b96ab9981eeee332.jpg

Enjoy. =]

BlueDragon

wow thats a bummer! Always seems I find these things too late. Anyhow I got mine for 369 shipped, and it appears it weighs enough over yours that I can be fairly certain it incudes the DP no hastles. I will keep you guys posted and throw up pics and sound clips ASAP.

xkirex

Super update. Downpipe came in today in a separate package. I guess they DID send it out with the exhaust but got seperated when it got shipped.

BlueDragon

Came in today, heavy as hell, but suprise suprise no downpipe!! Wow classic... says turbo back yet they try to scam ya.
Anyways other then that its beautiful!! Cannot wait to put it on. Already complained about the DP see what happens.
DSC00056.JPG

toayoztan

BlueDragon, a turbo back exhaust usually just means a catback exhaust system for a turbo.

If you are referring to the description "race downpipe," i was told by them that actually refers to the midpipe (unless they otherwise reclarified it to everyone).

In any case, people have been getting downpipes with their orders, obviously there is no reason why you shouldn't either. They are habitual in messing things up, despite pulling through in the end.

Bryan

xkirex

If its anything like MY order, the downpipe comes in a seperate box and should arrive within a day or so. but that was just my case. If not, just complain and they'll make you fill out some form BS. Either way, the only reason i wanted to down pipe was the bracket support that it came with for the downpipe i already had but if it does end up cracking. I got an extra downpipe just in case :D

Sheng

I think they send it from two different sources from my experience. The first box seems to come from ssac while the second box comes from xs-power. I know it's the same company but might be a different location since my downpipe was the only box that has xs-power sticker on it :shrug: . also the box that housed the downpipe has xs-power written all over it compared with the rest that are in bubble wrap.

Sheng

BlueDragon

Well apparently this is not the same company, and they infact sell the system minus the DP. But whats weird is they have no auctions for the DP... like they have them, understand they go with the system but hold onto it anyways or something. I helped this guy out and pointed out a few things about his auctions as to why he sells so few of these, he does not put st185 in the title or alltrac nor 3''. He sent me an e-mail saying I was being un-reasonable to expect the DP with it for the price I paid (369 shipped) so I showed him the price you showed to me, and made a few suggestions and he shot me an e-mail back saying he will send me the DP free (he told me I could pay 50 more for it, and I said I cant afford that being I have already paid too much for this) if I take some pics of it on my car, which will also help him sell more of these I am sure. Anyhow Im gonna do it for him, nice to see someone take some constructive criticism well, I was half expecting an angry response! lol

I help him out he helps me out, this industry and community as a whole could take a cue from this.
I will post pics after this weekend.

WarTowels

They are in fact, the same company.

Read the first post, your not the first person they asked to take pictures either. Not sure why they want more, then never even posted the first ones.

-Towels

DudeMan

Has anyone ordered a Motoria exhaust lately?

I just read this whole thread and its kind of confusing. Can you get the twin tip style as a full turbo-back?

On both their sites its listed as a cat-back but it looks like some people on here managed to get a full dual tip setup.

donteatbugs

i got the full twin tip cat back and ordered the midpipe from 935, beware though. this system has a flaw. the twin tip diameter together is less than 3" meaning the exhaust is restrictive. i cut my muffler off and welded a magnaflow 3" in twin 2.5" out on and it was nice.

xkirex

It's said to be 2.5" but i think a few people have gotten theirs in 3in piping. So I dunno. 3in piping is pretty sweet with the single tip canister, Its like the perfect match for our cars and it actually isnt too loud if you arent smashing on it.

You could always throw in a big ass resonator on it to alleviate the sound

DudeMan

Ya I actually think ill just get the 3" canister style. Too bad its out of stock and they won't return my email.

Terracar

I have been in contact with dude at XS Power about the single tip - as of 7/27 they were "on order" but then again they have been "on order" since my first email back in March - I follow-up with him every month or so to check status.

So as to when they will actually be delivered is questionable - if ever.

-Terracar