My 91 Alltrac Vs 93 Hatch GSR Swap w/55 Shot

Road race, Auto X, or the Drag Strip

Postby concealer404 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Sorry to dig up an old thread....

But that guy in the hondur needed some tuning.... that's a LOW 13s setup with a proper tune. Congrats on staying with him, though. :)
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Cars and stuff.
concealer404
Club Member

Postby siralys » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:28 pm

I agree, that honda seems a little slow. My freind is running mid 13's with a sohc vtec- supercharged. He upsets dohc swaps all the time, I wanna run him when I get some more maintenance done on my trac. My other freind has a similar setup to the one you raced- eg hatch with a gsr motor and some mods and he ran a 13.4 all motor.
2003 hyundai santa fe- daily driver
1995 vw passat vr6- modded wagon- sold
1988 celica alltrac- in parts finding mode
siralys
Club Member

Postby Wicked Toys » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:10 am

I was expecting to lose. Just didn't think I'd keep it that close. And again if he didn't spray I would of had him.

He wants to race again soon. He said he'll have a better tune next time, so will see. I'll try to keep it in the daytime and get some video.
Wicked Toys
Club Member

Postby concealer404 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Bumpy for related story....

I annihilated a 1999 Si w/ buddy club spec 4 cams and supporting valvetrain, intake, header, apexi ws2 exhaust, and a chipped obd1 ecu tuned.

I'm hoping the guy just couldn't drive, because i wasn't even spraying.... :shock:

Toys, are you bringing the Trac to the dragon this year? Please say yes.
Cars and stuff.
concealer404
Club Member

Postby Wicked Toys » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:45 pm

I wish I could say yes, unless I come into some nice funds. It will be a No.

I'd fix the car if I wasn't house shopping. Problem is a lovely hole rusted out in the passenger floor area where the front sway bar mount is. Sway bar just beats against the car. So yeah eventually I'll get a new piece welded in but until then the Trac is on some downtime with a couple outtings this year.

Modded WRX to attack the dragon again this year.
Wicked Toys
Club Member

Postby concealer404 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:24 am

Wicked Toys wrote:I wish I could say yes, unless I come into some nice funds. It will be a No.

I'd fix the car if I wasn't house shopping. Problem is a lovely hole rusted out in the passenger floor area where the front sway bar mount is. Sway bar just beats against the car. So yeah eventually I'll get a new piece welded in but until then the Trac is on some downtime with a couple outtings this year.

Modded WRX to attack the dragon again this year.

Did you fix your terminal understeer/oversteer problem with that thing? :P Wouldn't want to be embarrassed by a lowly ST184, now would we? ;)
Cars and stuff.
concealer404
Club Member

Postby Wicked Toys » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Haha got embarrassed last year. :P . Miss my st184 the year before kept up with the AT in the turns.

But have tightened up some things this year so will see.
Wicked Toys
Club Member

Previous

Return to Racing Chat