Ever heard of an All-trac supercharged Previa?

Camry All Trac, Previa All Trac

Postby alltracman78 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:05 pm

So a dude rolled a white one into work yesterday.
I got a good look at it.

Holy hell, I NEVER want to do anything beyond a tire rotation on one.
Not even an oil change....
If you think the Celica Alltrac is complicated.....
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
alltracman78
GTFour God

Postby Chai » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:58 pm

I've changed the oil in my mom's previa many times. It's easier then you would think. But I heard sparkplugs are hard
Chai
ST-185
"Man can hold the world in his palm if he first learns how to unclench his fist."
Chai
Club Member

Postby mike325ci » Fri May 18, 2007 1:51 pm

Just browsing the forums, diggin' up old threads... :)

I just sold my '94 Supercharged AllTrac Previa... I had one too many cars and it had a stalling issue, so I sold that one... BTW, the buyer actually managed to fix it up quite easily, so it's running around in Massachusetts somewhere donig its thang.

http://previa.325ci.com/

Oil change is pretty simple, filter is like right there. Spark plugs, yeah, gotta take out the passenger seat and all that... But overall not a terrible car to maintain.

Cool car, made good use of it for the short time that I had it. Great parts hauler and for apartment moving and road trip with friends... Plus I got to say that I had two AllTracs at one point... AND say that I had a mid-engined minivan... :p Too bad even with the supercharger, it still needed a bit more grunt... I can't imagine what an NA previa drives like, probably underpowered...

Same badge as the one on our cars (ST185s):
My Celica:

...Versus my Previa:
Last edited by mike325ci on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
NYC, NY, USA
Teal '92 ST185 (Current), Black '88 ST165 (Sold)
Founder, Kabiela - DIY & Enthusiast Marketplace (diybuysell.com)
mike325ci
Gold Member

Postby Chai » Fri May 18, 2007 7:21 pm

hey you are right they do carry the same All-trac badge!!!! I never notice that.
Chai
ST-185
"Man can hold the world in his palm if he first learns how to unclench his fist."
Chai
Club Member

Postby wizzards581 » Sun May 20, 2007 12:42 am

i saw a white Previa LE SC Alltrac in Sacramento on Madison Ave exiting towards E-80 Reno... it has ski racks. first time i seen one fully loaded.

anyway. just found one on craigslist. i dont think they are that rare. i seen a 5spd manual for sale on craislist once too.
-90 celica turbo All-Trac (sold)
-03 matrix XR
wizzards581
Established Member

Postby chaos_cascade » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:23 pm

On Craigs today for sale is a white one

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/610366693.html
chaos_cascade
Club Member

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Thu May 22, 2008 3:41 pm

There was one for sale on craigslist here in DFW not long ago. The title was simply "93 alltrac 1500"... I nearly had a heart attack! Talk about a downer. :cry:
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby ummmiono » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:04 am

Baller status, I'd rock it if I had to roll in a minivan. They actually look pretty damn clean
88 red st165 rally project, still awaiting funds
98 milano red integra gs-r currently in rehab
06 cbr600rr
Colin McRae 1968-2007
"straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"
ummmiono
Club Member

Postby Jason88AllTrac » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:10 pm

ummmiono wrote:Baller status, I'd rock it if I had to roll in a minivan. They actually look pretty damn clean

As far as minivans go, the previa alltrac is about as cool as it gets IMO. Turbo caravans are not quite as unique...

I've seen 4 or 5 of them still on the roads in the last few years; that's more than the 3 other celica alltrac's I've seen. Does anyone know how many were sold stateside?
White 88' ST165 :: Blue 88' ST165
Jason88AllTrac
Club Member

Postby edv-tek » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:33 am

yeah I have one. Thought I would never own a van or a station wagon. But I can see why it took me a couple of years to find an alltrac with the options and in good shape. Most of the time people would not let them go even if you offer them money on the street. California designed, dealers know they can turn the Previa all-trac over easily. A well optioned Previa Allt-trac LE went for about 32K retail new. And a matter of fact when purchasing the van used, the dealer had to cancel a previous prospective owner appointment and turn down another over the phone since it I was buting it. I was told take it or leave it. $2900 so I found a hole in the cv boot and then it was $2800. I laid down a deposit to hold it once I saw it. I didn't really want to buy it but once I saw the all-trac I had to do the deal then and there since the van was in very good shape and it was so close(15mis.). The van was suprisingly clean for the mileage. 199K. I checked with a few Toyota master mechanics and the told me that the engine was a strong engine that had few if any problems. A 40-60 klm JDM engine starts at $700. So if worst came to worst I would replace engine and or trans for cheap.

It is a super white 95 Previa All-trac LE s/c auto w/overdrive switch, CD, power windows/locks, front and rear a/c unit, cup holders(9)intermittant wipers, cruise control, 4 wheel disc brakes, 15 inch alloy wheels with desert sand interior w/leather seats. It has a stock LSD in the rear. And the four captain chairs with the rear captain's chairs that rotate. The rear bench seat will fold up to the sides of the van.

With the supercharged engine it is no race car but it will smoke most honda civics(no torque) w/fart cans.(Previa S/C =160hp, 201 torque 6 lbs of boost). It is a easy drive. You sit right over the engine and it lowers the point of gravity. I forgot to mention that this vehicle weighs 3800 lbs. Front drivers seat folds back to get access to the engine(not much of the engine). The engine has a unique drive shaft mounted on the crankshaft to the front of the vehicle to operate the accessories, supercharger, alternator, power steering etc. This accessory drive shaft is the first thing that should be replaced if worn. With this accessory drive when it wears the rubber bushing loose and it gets noisy and vibrates, kind of like the rear diff mount for the alltrac celicas when the rubber breaks or tears. I have replaced everything necessary so that I can just replace the oil now.

Basically you get very use to driving it as I did with my two old 88 alltracs celica, but this vehicle is basically maintenance free and I can drive it anywhere except down a rally track. Next to replace the plastic headlights w/ jdm glass w/ foglamps and front jdm corners and some hid lights. One regret though I would to have liked the two sunroof option instead of the luggage rack(I have never seen a sunroof option on a decked out alltrac?) and tow hitch option. I kinda feel like this is the now version of the hippie van of the sixties and it would be an excellent camping van(I wish it had a stove and frid like the VW camper). -ed
Ed Vaughan
White Supercharged Previa LE Alltrac w/beige leather 208K and counting
1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL 42K
Maryland
edv-tek
Club Member

Postby wannabe toms racer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:12 pm

:evil: coolest mini van ever :evil:
Adam 'Akiba' Armstrong
90 audi 80 quattro- new projekt
Stubborn ass '91 alltrac - traded!
dont let ANYONE fool you money CAN buy happiness...
OR at least SUPPORT it...
wannabe toms racer
Established Member

1991 Toyota Celica

Postby Xen2050 » Mon May 11, 2009 1:39 am

mike325ci, what was the problem with your old Previa? How did the guy fix it up easily? (Wondering in case I ever see the same thing),
TIA
Xen2050

Postby mike325ci » Mon May 11, 2009 2:29 am

Xen2050 wrote:mike325ci, what was the problem with your old Previa? How did the guy fix it up easily? (Wondering in case I ever see the same thing),
TIA

It was the fuel pressure regulator. He replaced that and the van was up and running happily again... I sold it for so cheap and I'm sure if he sold it, he would have made out nicely. But I think he is probably keeping it, since he did say he had a few in his family and they love the Previas cos they just don't die... So no burgundy AllTrac S/C LE for us, hehe!! ;)
NYC, NY, USA
Teal '92 ST185 (Current), Black '88 ST165 (Sold)
Founder, Kabiela - DIY & Enthusiast Marketplace (diybuysell.com)
mike325ci
Gold Member

PREVIA Is The Most Reliable Mini-Van Period.

Postby altracam » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:51 pm

My favorite Van. Practical + reliable. I love these egg shaped vans. It stands out from the pool of cookie cutter minivans. I also like the Eurovan but they do not offer the AWD here in the U.S + not as reliable as the Prevs.
altracam

Postby Greg_Canada » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:19 pm

edv-tek wrote:yeah I have one. Thought I would never own a van or a station wagon. But I can see why it took me a couple of years to find an alltrac with the options and in good shape. Most of the time people would not let them go even if you offer them money on the street. California designed, dealers know they can turn the Previa all-trac over easily. A well optioned Previa Allt-trac LE went for about 32K retail new. And a matter of fact when purchasing the van used, the dealer had to cancel a previous prospective owner appointment and turn down another over the phone since it I was buting it. I was told take it or leave it. $2900 so I found a hole in the cv boot and then it was $2800. I laid down a deposit to hold it once I saw it. I didn't really want to buy it but once I saw the all-trac I had to do the deal then and there since the van was in very good shape and it was so close(15mis.). The van was suprisingly clean for the mileage. 199K. I checked with a few Toyota master mechanics and the told me that the engine was a strong engine that had few if any problems. A 40-60 klm JDM engine starts at $700. So if worst came to worst I would replace engine and or trans for cheap.

It is a super white 95 Previa All-trac LE s/c auto w/overdrive switch, CD, power windows/locks, front and rear a/c unit, cup holders(9)intermittant wipers, cruise control, 4 wheel disc brakes, 15 inch alloy wheels with desert sand interior w/leather seats. It has a stock LSD in the rear. And the four captain chairs with the rear captain's chairs that rotate. The rear bench seat will fold up to the sides of the van.

With the supercharged engine it is no race car but it will smoke most honda civics(no torque) w/fart cans.(Previa S/C =160hp, 201 torque 6 lbs of boost). It is a easy drive. You sit right over the engine and it lowers the point of gravity. I forgot to mention that this vehicle weighs 3800 lbs. Front drivers seat folds back to get access to the engine(not much of the engine). The engine has a unique drive shaft mounted on the crankshaft to the front of the vehicle to operate the accessories, supercharger, alternator, power steering etc. This accessory drive shaft is the first thing that should be replaced if worn. With this accessory drive when it wears the rubber bushing loose and it gets noisy and vibrates, kind of like the rear diff mount for the alltrac celicas when the rubber breaks or tears. I have replaced everything necessary so that I can just replace the oil now.

Basically you get very use to driving it as I did with my two old 88 alltracs celica, but this vehicle is basically maintenance free and I can drive it anywhere except down a rally track. Next to replace the plastic headlights w/ jdm glass w/ foglamps and front jdm corners and some hid lights. One regret though I would to have liked the two sunroof option instead of the luggage rack(I have never seen a sunroof option on a decked out alltrac?) and tow hitch option. I kinda feel like this is the now version of the hippie van of the sixties and it would be an excellent camping van(I wish it had a stove and frid like the VW camper). -ed

You can get an OEM fridge for those no?
1989 4runner lifted, way too many mods
1999 4runner limited, IPF lights, JVC screen
Greg_Canada
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other All Tracs