keyless entry

Landon

could someone explain to me how to work the remote for my car? i've got the alarm part figured out, but what does the other button do? did it once unlock the car? it doesn't do anything as of now. it'd be nice to get it straighted out. Thanks

k i got excited sry.. can ya order an keyless entry remote jobby if ya have the stock security system?? pn maybe? jus curious cuz im gettin sicka havin ta use 2 keys on my car... :oops:

Landon

yeah, my car came with it. its for sure stock cause there is a horn defeat and valet mode switch by the stick. so yeah, thats real stupid if its just a random button that serves no purpose. and to you who has to use two keys.. whys that? that would suck. do they make a system you can install to unlock? that'd be sweet. oh yeah, the remote has the toyota sign on it as well. lol. anyways, thanks again.

RedCelicaTRD

Thats for JDM Celicas. US setup is different.

As for the two key thing, do you have to use two keys on your car? You can take the lock cylinders out, take them to a locksmith and have them keyed to the original.

Gary

Mine came with one button remote.
keynd8.jpg

RedCelicaTRD":1t293x2m said:
You can take the lock cylinders out, take them to a locksmith and have them keyed to the original.
sweet didnt know that! yea i jus stol the lock guy for the driver side outa my blactrac cuz the two notches that the clip on the end with the hole for the rod to the lock button was all rounded off :shrug: no clue why but i bought the car from NY so it came wit the stock security system(has the button for valet/horn defeat)AND an aftermarket one on top of it... sooo i didnt get a clicker, the alarm would go off everytime i opened the door and the only way to shut it off is ta do the key forward and back twice deal... got kinda old, so i unplugged all the wires to the aftermarket system and the box under the seat after i got pissed at the alarm and ripped the horn out(literally, and this wasnt even a week of ownership, shows my patience with electronics :evil: ) AND disconnected my courtesy sensors on the doors because i have NO idea how to override the system. I dont want to have to not use my security system since i have it, but im oblivious as to how the system works even... maybe toyota could shed some light on my shituation?
any and all suggestions/views/ideas/rants/flame are welcome
(sorry for the novel, lol)

Landon

yeah, i'm really thinking my key should do something besides disable the alarm. i'm gonna change that battery and see if that helps. its weird thought, i cause i have two and they look the same and both do the same, or shall we say don't do. i'll let you know what happens. and i'd post a pic, by my cords are at home.. :|

Landon

alright, battery didn't change a thing. got some pictures though. help me out if you can. oh yeah, the button with traction or whatever to call it is the one that works for the alarm. they both make the red light blink however...

Trac002.jpg

Landon

yes i do. i've looked at it just to see what it was. is there something to look for on it to help me out? thanks man

Toyota_Todd

The 2 buttons used to come in handy. You can actually program another vehicle to the extra button. We used to have the 92 Celica on the top button and the 93 Camry on the botton button. The only problem is that the cars have to use the same type of remote.

CMS-GT4

I found this in my stuff. Came with the car:

The erase codes close all doors/hatch, turn key to acc, use a small screwdriver to press the button to the far right of the plug on the control. Hold for 5 seconds. LED on the center alarm button by shifter will be solid. Car will honk when erased.

To add a new remote: Turn key off, then back to acc,
Hold down button on box till LED lights up. Then press a button on the fob.

photovpr.jpg