Sleeper's red ST165 pics March 15th 2010 UPDATE!

sleeper

Jason88AllTrac":141g5344 said:
Just beautiful. I like everything about it.
... especially the rally-inspired tow-hook indicator arrows :D

Hood looks like it's fiberglass laid over the stock frame? Very nice work.

The hood is all metall... bt have a plan on making a copy of it in fiberglas soon.

i wanted to have a rally car look to it, without beeing to much of a cop magnet..

Will send OP some pictures of how the car looks now. ( The car is not used during the winter, and i`m doing alot of new stuff to it each winter.. )

sleeper

wannabe toms racer":3djuwand said:
i like it a lot, that hood is pretty wicked, bet that bigass turbo throws sum heat outa that vent!!! very nice setup!!

Jupp, ALOT of heat gets out of there.. can see it on my windscreen when it is raining and i drive it..

sleeper

It may come some new pictures of the car, but the car is really dusty from sitting in a garge for 2 months.. ( a freind of mine have been playing with fiberglass there.. :x )

But if it is anything you want to know just ask..

sleeper

syko says":b17fhgff said:
I also forgot to ask as to how you like your exhaust manifold. It looks very short and sweet.

It works great.. gives nice spool and does not take alot of space or heat up as much as longer tubes would do..

LegacyofDan

he sent me more pics via email!

i love his 165 :oops:

p1010001.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010015.jpg

p1010016.jpg

P1010019-1.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010018.jpg

p1010006.jpg

sleeper

not alot of updates here, but here is a few pictures of how the engine looked last season.

The car is in the garage this winter, and will hopefully be done in about 3-4 weeks.

Some of the changes i have done is:

New ignition system ( autronic 500r cdi with 4x gsx-r 1000 cop)
poly bushings in the diff cradle, welded rear diff.

other plans i have is: st205 rear brakes, tein coilovers, 3.5" exhaust, larger cams.

Attachments

• P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    659.6 KB · Views: 2,339
  • p1010006.jpg
    p1010006.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 2,339

Rawbz

wow looks great.... i gotta get my conquest out of the garage so i can put my 165 in and start putting lots of money into it

Rawbz

a few questions if you dont mind

What generation engine are you running along with harness... (i have a 185 with WTA IC and i believe the 165 ecu.. not sure)

What the compression

Where do i get the Distributor insert to run a coil ignition system

what intake manifold and TB is that... and where can i get one

what componants are you using for the fuel system

thanks

sleeper

Rawbz":26731yor said:
a few questions if you dont mind

What generation engine are you running along with harness... (i have a 185 with WTA IC and i believe the 165 ecu.. not sure)

What the compression

Where do i get the Distributor insert to run a coil ignition system

what intake manifold and TB is that... and where can i get one

what componants are you using for the fuel system

thanks

The engine is a 2002 5sfe block ( from 2.2 liter camry) and a 2 gen 3sgte head.
the harnes is a st165 one, but have been modified to use autronic ems.

Compression is 9:1

I`m only using the distributer as a trigger ( cyl and ref), the distrubution of spark is taken care of by the autronic smc\ autronic 500r cdi box

That is a rmr racing intake manifold, do a google search and you will find it, TB is a bbk mustang 76mm one.

As Fuel sysem i`m using a custom pickup in stock tank, SX fuel pump \filters\FPR, custom fuel lines, speed source fuel rail, 1600cc injectors, fuel pump runs at 16.5V at boost ( controlled by a kenne bell thingy.. )

sleeper

801Alltrac":95yqt1ai said:
What trans you using, and on that intake did you have to smash the strut bar to get it to fit

Stock st205 trans.
Yes i had to smash it some...not much but some..