Major midwest meet

I got down to thinkin about all the alltrac (and half-hearted halftrac j/k) owners in the midwest lookin for a good celica meet, yeah you chicago guys get together once in awhile but it seems that you don't grab an outside crowd and for the few that live in the kansas city to omaha area you're kinda shit outta luck... anyway my parents are very involved with the hosting commite for the 2009 studebaker car club international meet in cedar rapids. If we work it right we could piggy-back on the hell'a cheap hotel rates get safe parking and attend some of their events. As far as our own events go there is a good drag strip in Cedar falls which isn't too far from cedar rapids and the winding cedar river plus the sloping hills of the valley make for some excelent cruise roads. The bit about joining in with the studebaker car club would be to get the cheap hotel rooms and safe parking plus some pointers for planning an event like this, we would have to leave them alone for most of their events out of respect but for any interested it's the largest studebaker car show in the world and the show would be kinda neat to see, also all these guys are old farts in the 40+ range and it's gives us a chance to mend some of the damage caused by vin disel and his sticker charged over nos'd movies if we mind ourselves.

Any way date: somewhere in the July 12-18 2009, place Cedar Rapids Iowa, and I think it would be fair to open this up to all 3s-gte but I'm open to opinions.

P.S. I could also get in on their trophy rates if we wanted to do some sort of car show but for now I'm gunna leave it at just a meet.

P.P.S. Now, the more response I can get for this the more motivation I can get for gettin one of my alltracs in better shape donnations welcome for my new paint job!

FastTrac

But the weekend of the 18th is the Road Wars out in Las Vegas! Plus the 15th is my 21st b-day.
I'm torn!!!!!!!!!

lets keep the interest in this event rolling got plenty of time to plan a great event, post up any thoughts it needs a lot of replies cause of my low post count I guess, anyway need the support and interest to get a big event going.

Hotrodhendrix

We could use this same idea but with a other car clubs that better fit our cars..... We could do the supra, VR4, WRX, EVO etc. Im sure most of those guys would be cool with it.

Just a thought. This opens up alot more dates and locations as well.

bloodMoney

I know that I'm not going to have a choice in going to DSM shootout next year, so if you want to meet up down there, I'll be there.

I've got a lot of DSM buddies up here and next year I'm being forced to go. I figure that if I have to go, why not bring up some other old school rally love...

~bloodMoney

the biggest thing was being able to get hella cheep hotel rates and help planning an event, there really isn't anything for toyota meets in the midwest and I'm tryin to get somthin rolling... seriously I've only ever seen my own alltracs(I missed fastrac at des moines by like a half hour) and I would like to branch and see what other trac owners are like!

p.s. plenty of time I'm very open to ideas so keep them rolling just gunna kick myself if we can't get any sort of meet goin