IMSA identity question

CptActnMan

And unlike *all* of the ST165s from Northern California Toyota dealers it has ABS brakes - was living in Bay Area at the time, and had to travel 250 miles to nearest So Cal dealer to get one with ABS. Which is how I ended up with an IMSA edition.

so wait, i have a 165 that HAS ABS that was originally sold in San Diego, am i off my rocker or is it possible that its an IMSA edition? MFD=feb 1988

are there any other IMSA identity traits?

Shaggz00

First and foremost, all IMSA's are white. If it's not white, it's not an IMSA GTO edition. The other traits can be more easily removed, so might not be as much of a sign.

There are tons of posts on this, but I'll bite...

The differences are the IMSA GTO Champion decals on the front fender/door trim, a white upper grille cover(the part that says Celica normally), and the headlight trims on either side, Stock AllTrac wheels (but they are white), and ummm..I know I'm forgetting something... thats all I got at the moment. From what I was told, there was no special pattern in which they were picked to be IMSA cars (such as VIN #'s or anything), just mostly white AllTracs that came off the boat.

edv-tek

Avi, I am a little cornfused? Are you talking about the ISMA pace car? I saw one at Wakins Glen at the Toyota ISMA event? I beleive it was an white all-trac with a orange light bar on top. But the ISMA cars had a totally different engine, my memory escapes me but a 503 power plant?

CptActnMan

well my alltrac has been significantly modified, its the one with the civic headlight conversion, its been painted at least twice, none of the stock front grill area or rear tail light area. but based on that post, it sounds like they didnt have abs,

Mafix

a couple things to add to shaggs.
gto's all had blue cloth interior, not leather and in no other color. the engine is unchanged from normal alltracs. all gto's had abs brakes (most 165s had abs), all gto's have sunroofs (most alltracs do as well)

Mafix

CptActnMan":2txi25ch said:
well my alltrac has been significantly modified, its the one with the civic headlight conversion, its been painted at least twice, none of the stock front grill area or rear tail light area. but based on that post, it sounds like they didnt have abs,
did you buy that black one? if so good luck. i hope we can help you restore it back to what it should be.

suprakid95

i have everything that the imsa cars had other then i have team Toyota Europe decals in place of the imsa gto champion decals.

BoNkErZz

edv-tek":15z9c48b said:
Avi, I am a little cornfused? Are you talking about the ISMA pace car? I saw one at Wakins Glen at the Toyota ISMA event? I beleive it was an white all-trac with a orange light bar on top. But the ISMA cars had a totally different engine, my memory escapes me but a 503 power plant?

503e Ha ha ha ha fotflmfao..... :lol: NO

Rugburn

They say "TRD" under the "A" in the rear "celica" sticker, too.
I just bought one, so this might be a good thread for me to have around >>