problem resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhalperformance

After saying the issue was resolved and me issuing a refund to wartowels, he filled a claim with paypal for the whole amount again. Apparently he thinks he deserves twice the money he paid me. Please be warned anyone that is selling parts.

WarTowels

You are completely wrong, Steve.

After you ignored 3 of my private messages, I sought to contact you through the feedback forum, and after that failed for a week+, through your for sale post. In that order.

Since you failed to reply to me until just recently, I filed a claim with my credit card company to protect my ass from getting robbed. (Keep in mind this is 45 days without a cent returned.)

You then came back out of nowhere, and finally issue the refund. Great. The credit card company goes through Paypal, so I figured they would put 2 and 2 together. Obviously not. My credit card company, without notifying me started a dispute over the original charge.

As SOON as I realized this, I canceled that claim.

I have the proof of this.

But even though it was canceled, you decided you would file a reverse dispute and take MY money back. All of this without contacting me. Hiding behind this bogus slander on the feedback forum. NOT COOL. Please have some etiquette and contact the person DIRECTLY when you have a problem. You took a simple misunderstanding (which I already corrected before you did this) and made it into a really F'd up situation.

Regardless, whatever what's done is done. I just want the money that's rightfully mine. If I don't receive my refund returned to me by tomorrow, and the claim is not canceled. I will have to re-involve my credit card company. I'm not going to let you bully me around.

Thanks.

-Greg

WarTowels

Oh, and so you know. The credit card claims department is closed on the weekends. So after you refunded me, I could not call them and inform them.

-Greg

WarTowels

Said proof, copied from my e-mail:

First e-mail:

1:03 AM (15 hours ago)

Dear Greg W****,

We recently received notice from your credit card company that you filed a
chargeback stating that the merchandise you received had one of the
following problems:

- It was damaged or defective
- It was not as described, or
- Services were not rendered

Please review the details of the disputed transaction below and the steps
for what to do next.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Seller's Name: Stephen C*******
Seller's Email: ruinedsocials@hotmail.com
Seller's Transaction ID: 21L58789CL903544C

Second e-mail confriming my cancelation. TWENTY SIX MINUTES AFTER BEING NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL- I ALREADY HAD IT CANCELED.

service@paypal.com
to me

show details 1:29 AM (15 hours ago)

Dear Greg W****,

We recently received your request to cancel a chargeback you filed against
the transaction below. We are in the process of contacting the seller and
your credit card company about your cancellation request.

Details of the transaction and this case are as follows:

Seller's name: Stephen C*******
Seller's email: ruinedsocials@hotmail.com

Case number: PP-604-373-123

Eight hours after I had already canceled my credit card companies claim, you started you own. That, I don't understand.

-Greg

fhalperformance

Im sorry if it seems that way. I received an email from paypal on saturday when the claim was filed and it is still an active claim on paypal AND my account was docked a hundred dollars.

Refund was to come with sale of hood, explained to you when you asked for a refund.

My claim will stay open until the claim on the original money is closed officially in the resolution center. Sorry if you were feeling screwed but deposit was nonrefundable. I decided to refund your money to be nice and look at where it gets me. Right now im out almost 200 dollars.

WarTowels

I don't see how you are out any money? (I'm not sure why paypal docked you the $100- but I can assure you- It was not sent to me!)

I currently have $-19 because paypal took the $80 out of my account, and I just bought my brother an Xmas gift and paid via paypal.

I'm sure the dispute my CC company filed will be closed tomorrow, next business day type stuff.

I will be calling paypal, and my CC company tomorrow morning to make sure this gets taken care of.

I apologize, but I don't ever recall you saying that the refund was dependent on selling the hood. I only recall you saying that you spent the refund, and as such needed "time to get the money back". I don't remember any such conditions on that.

And I know for sure you never stated it was non-refundable. The deposit was MY idea...

-Greg

fhalperformance

My account is minus 100 dollars as of this weekend. The claim said chargeback and it said that it was being reviewed so Im not sure whats going on. Then monday morning I will close my despute if the credit card company dispute gets taken care of. Im sorry for any miscommunication, I shouldve asked you first but I saw the email for the first time today from 3 days after I refunded you saying a claim was filed and that my account was negative. I had 80 dollars in my account before I sent you that amount and now im negative 100, thats where the out 180 came from.

Id show you the pm that said when the hood sold but i deleted all of them when we resolved this on the 17th, didnt think i needed them anymore.

WarTowels

Alright, well I'm glad we are at an understanding and I hope paypal and the CC get this straightened out asap.

-Greg

WarTowels

^I was too. I didn't think the CC company would do that without telling me. I already called them twice now, but the people I did get a hold of can't do anything because the claims department is closed.

-Greg

RedCelicaTRD

love.gif

WarTowels

Just got back to Maine. 9 hour trip today.

But I did call BOTH paypal and CC, and I had the CC company cancel the dispute- which will then make the paypal dispute fully canceled. The reason it is not canceled now, is since the credit card company initiated it- they have to call in and cancel it. The credit card company said it will take "1 to 2 billing cycles". I hope to God they don't mean months. If it's not canceled by Weds. I will call them again.

Once the CC company cancels it- it will be instantly canceled by paypal. At which point, you can cancel yours and the funds should jump back to both of us.

-Greg

WarTowels

Well the charge still isn't canceled. I'm not sure wth is taking so long. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what's going on.

-Greg

WarTowels

wtf? Why have you escalated the dispute?

I told you that I have canceled the claim I made with my credit card company. I don't know if they will talk to you, but I've be MORE than happy to give you their contact information. The claim was canceled.

I should have legal proof that it is canceled in the form my credit card statements. They are at my home in Maine, but I would be happy to have them mailed out to me at school. Claims take weeks to process, apparently. It's completely out of my hands at this point, yet you are continuing to make the situation far worse.

Furthermore, I'm not sure what you can see on your end- but I believe I've posted this information once before.

Here is a DIRECT COPY OF THE CURRENT CLAIM SCREEN FROM PAYPAL which hasn't changed since the day I canceled the claim- which was the first day of the claim!:

Transaction ID:
4D489109YK698430W
Seller Name:
Stephen Cottrill
Seller Email:
ruinedsocials@hotmail.com
Transaction Amount:
-$100.00 USD
Transaction Date:
Sep. 29, 2008

PayPal Case ID:
PP-604-373-123
Reason for Dispute:
Merchandise
Chargeback Reason Code:
Chargeback Amount:
$100.00 USD
Chargeback Date:
Dec. 20, 2008
Being Reviewed By PayPal
Status Details:
Thank you for informing us that you would like to cancel this chargeback. Please also contact your credit card company to notify them that you accept this transaction.

I mean seriously...

You should be able to view that on your paypal account. I canceled it with my credit card as the paypal quote says to do. *It's also what paypal said to do over the phone when I asked them to cancel out the claim my CC made. And again, as I've told you, they told me that I needed to contact my CC. I did. I put in the confirmation that my claim was to be canceled. They said it would be done in 1-2 billing cycles. I told you this already ALSO. I hoped that was 1-2 days. But I now believe that means 1-2 months- there's nothing I can do about this Stephen.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to make this any more clear to you. Please tell me, and I'll do it. I've done everything in my power to communicate what's going on, and you've done everything in your power to make this simple transaction go from a simple problem into a huge pain in the ass.

-Greg

fhalperformance

I had to do what i did given that paypal hasnt notified me of what you are saying is true and if i didnt, the claim would be thrown out. This claim thats so called canceled isnt so according to paypal/my balance and I havent heard anything from you from the days you said you were going to call them as I asked you to. The 80 was already missing from your account so the situation has not been made worse as the affects of the claim have not hurt you anymore.

I told you id drop it on paypal as soon as yours is-which it isnt according to paypal.

WarTowels

Okay- but I can't do anything to speed up the process of my credit card canceling it. If I could- I would. Obviously I want my money back too.

-Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.