Just moved to San Diego. Need help passing smog test

LooSeNutZ

I just moved here and I'm regreting that fact that I removed the egr and charcoal canister on my ST165. If you know any tricks to passing the smog test or know where I can get these parts please help.

Also, I have a straight intake installed. Will they require me to reinstall a stock intake.

If I install a high flow cat in my 3" xs power exhaust will they be ok with that?

This is all new to me. Never had smog testing where I was from. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

LooSeNutZ

Oh and one more thing. Is there anyplace in San Diego that sells 93 octane gas? This 91 crap is killing my power!

ummmiono

All u really need is a mexican dude and $100. Haven't smogged any of my cars in years. Yes technically illegal though

LooSeNutZ

I'm sure I can get it to pass the sniffer test. I just need them to look the other way on the visual. Really don't want to remove the straight intake and 3" exhaust.

ummmiono

Well regardless I'm sure u could find some mexican dude that wouldn't care bout visual. I smog my cars over the phone haha

ummmiono

Haha I don't even know the guy, I give my uncle money and he goes to the guy. Besides he's somewhere in LA I believe. I'm sure there's plenty of people thatd hook u up in SD.

935motorsports

A straight intake is harder to pass visual with. However, if you put an HKS on there, you can put the HKS carb sticker, and they will simply think that the intake pipe is part of the intake kit.

The EGR has to be there, even if it isn't hooked up to anything.

The good news is that you don't need an EGR to pass the sniffer. All you need is a good working cat and a smog tech that will not do a visual on you.

wizzards581

if an engine is running ok (like brand new) condition a cat wouldnt make a difference, says my brother (smog tech)... mine engine had better #'s with 1 cat then 2 cats...

jus make it look like stock and pray it passes sniff test. however u will need egr for the functional part.

xkirex

Ditto on the trying to find yourself a dude that knows a dude that worked with a dude that does smog checks for a bill or two. That how i get my car passed every two years. believe me, straight piping exhaust and intake isnt exactly smog friendly in Cali but god damnit its fast =D

Toxygene

You need to show up to some MR2OC meets. They can direct you to people who can help you with Cali smog checks. :wink:

Since they sold way more MR2s and they have a bigger fan base... the connections they make are invaluable. :wink: :wink:

A you betcha