Oem torsen LSD test (Need volunteers)

Corey

According to this, my car has LSD if im reading it correctly.

DeeCee found this for me :)

ST185_GT4_Nar.jpg

I think here it is saying what Diff my car has - 41301-20140
ST185_GT4_Nar_2.jpg

And here is what that part number is for:
ST185_GT4_Nar_3.jpg

It says Torsen Diff.

:shrug:

deecee

Thats because your car is a JDM model. Not a US or Canadian designated model.
Determining US or Can diff type cannot be done without inspection, but all Jap and Euro models have torsen, according to the EPC :)

I should really get that other info up aye Corey :lol:
Too busy to think and compile info at the mo :(

timmey

DeeCee":37orsn6e said:
Thats because your car is a JDM model. Not a US or Canadian designated model.
Determining US or Can diff type cannot be done without inspection, but all Jap and Euro models have torsen, according to the EPC :)

I should really get that other info up aye Corey :lol:
Too busy to think and compile info at the mo :(

I have a JDM Gt-Four A and from my tranny code, this doesn't have a toresn. It's a E150-734 which should be an open diff, although I have not 'actually' opened it or visually confirmed.

So I disagree that all JDM have torsens, from what I've read in this thread. I'll throw mine through EPC when I have my computer that has it on it though.

deecee

how can you confirm that it doesn't have torsen without opening up? The method for identifying torsen isn't exactly the best way to do it as previously written in this thread.

from the US EPC:
ST185_GT4_Nar_3.jpg

As you can see there are diff codes between the torsen and the conventional diff.

Japanese EPC only lists 41301-20140 as the replacement part for unit 41302 case sub assembly, rear differential

The transmission code on the Vin plate is only 3 digits. Normal identification of the diff code on other toyotas uses 4 digits. Something isn't right with the current identification process via the 3 digit code on the vin.