Another one

WarTowels

You didn't happen to take any pictures on removing the windshield did you? Or maybe you can show me the tool?

My parts car has a nearly perfect windshield, and my DD GT has a horribly scratched one... I'd like to swap them and if I can remove them myself maybe I can just pay someone to install it and save some money.

-Towels

gt4play

WarTowels":adomengd said:
You didn't happen to take any pictures on removing the windshield did you? Or maybe you can show me the tool?

My parts car has a nearly perfect windshield, and my DD GT has a horribly scratched one... I'd like to swap them and if I can remove them myself maybe I can just pay someone to install it and save some money.

-Towels

I wish I had some words of encouragement for you. If it wasn't for the fact that the old windshield was already damaged, I would have resorted to having somebody with the right tools pull it out for me. I'm sure it's not too bad with the right equipment, but my approach with screwdrivers, a pressed-seal remover and some leather gloves wasn't exactly the tidy way of doing things. I basically destroyed the glass getting it out and spent a lot of time carefully vacuuming out the car.

However, a friend (who knows his stuff) said a guitar string threaded behind the glass can be used to basically saw through the sealant. I was a little short on guitar strings. :)

mike325ci

ooof, didn't hear about this car, but glad to see someone insane enough to try to bring it back to life. we are all crazy, crazy... :)

gt4play

I must say, given the amount of time and the condition of that pillar beforehand, these guys did a great job. Everything looks great, lines up damn near perfect and most importantly, seals nice and tight. The new door sounds and feels just like any other alltrac door...they really did some nice work. Now about paint....

Now I need to get a windshield back in. :)

Pless, have one of those lying around? ;-)

gt4play

(note, I accidentally started a new thread with this comment...mods, feel free to remove the thread "keep it?")

I don't know what I'm going to do once this is done (provided Ray doesn't want to buy it back). There has been SO much work done to this car prior to me taking possession - it's practically new under the 8hood....runs flawlessly. I want to keep it, but do I really need 6 damn cars?

The wife drives the Mini (she loves it too much to give it up). Having the truck has been great, not only for car crap but house stuff too. The MR2 has way too much money and time wrapped up in it to sell. I'll donate a testicle before I get rid of my 93. And the G35 is my every-day (but worthless in snow). Maybe I should keep the 92 as my daily-when-weather-is-bad car? Smile

(scraping for excuses here.....)

I think I'm bordering on ridiculous.

gt4play

Mafix":1iqbpnws said:
got the wife looking at it! trade straight for the pontiac!

A Pontiac?? I thought you guys had a Scion? And unless it's a GTO, I think I'm gonna have to pass on that offer. ;-)

MR ED

Nice Chris, looks like you are doing a good job saving that trac. I still wanna buy a trac one day..

gt4play

Well folks - Ray (previous owner) is keeping out of the alltrac scene. So she's up for sale.

The only thing it needs is the paint work (and to have a nickel sized hole patched in on the fender..there was one of those stupid little LED side markers installed at one point).

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33680

As mentioned, the car really runs beautifully. The interior is nearly as good as the one in my 93 (and that's saying something). I'm probably going to have my head examined for getting rid of this once it's done. But I need to free up some cash - Lynn and I are looking to get into a bigger house.

The Ducati is up for sale too!