Texas Gathering Ideas?

darthripley

we're not gonna be able to afford to go to TX2K9 unfortunately & a lot of other people planning on meeting this summer can't afford it either.

the 6gc guys & myself (since i am helping organize, plan routes etc) are planning on having the meet in Austin in May.

MixMaster

Darth,
Let me know when you guys are planning to do that. I'd love to come out and check out the local cars. I am in North Austin...I should really look at finding all the local guys. Just ZERO time lately!

Hendrix, you should make the Trek down also!

MixMaster

Where does everyone stand on getting a meet together sometime soon?
The weather is about to get nice in another month or so!

darthripley

the motor is still in our living room & depending on when i can get the Non ABS lines i need we're a good month or two away from him running again.

i know TX2K9 is coming up soon but can't remember when.

MixMaster

Looks like it is March 20th down in Houston.
http://www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com/page.php?id=5

I've never been looks like it would be a lot of fun.

BTW, I pulled off the bumper and gave it the sand and paint treatment you demonstrated. They also had touch up paint in the same color so I hit the few little chips and knicks around the exterior. The car looks completely brand new. Thanks again for the help on that.

darthripley

^ no prob - glad you were able to do some repair work to the paint yourself :)

i've never been to TX2K9 - every year it comes along we can't go for one reason or another it seems it's always lack of $$$ :doh:

darthripley

speaking from experience of driving in a large group of people we didn't know at all i can honestly say i don't care to do it again & leave it at that.

we're planning on sometime in May in Austin with the 6gc guys & keep it an all gen Celica meet/drive on a Saturday only.
nothing's been set in stone since it's still quite a few months away.

MixMaster

I guess I should sign up over there. Plenty of MR2s but I never see the Celica people out. Had no idea there were that many down here.

There are so many roads here it's just ridiculous-great place for all kinds of meets (bikes, cars, etc.). I drive for my job (Outside sales) and cover North to Georgetown, West to Marble Falls, East to Bastrop, South to San Antonio and everything in between. I moved down here from Dallas 10 years ago and have not looked back. Most of the local Sti & Evo guys are cool, people down here are much different than the metroplex- much more laid back. Beautiful drives a few times a month.

Keep me posted!

darthripley

that's cool. we just had a so-so experience with some other folks & since Austin is about 400 miles drive from us we don't care to repeat that if you know what i mean.

i'll get you maps of the routes we are planning on taking - i haven't posted them up yet.
one is called the Lime Rock Daredevil's Run & is pretty much non-stop 1 turn after another & that goes from Austin to Marble Falls. i think this route is around 1-2 hours.
then we'll have a choice where you can go back to 35 via a pretty much straight shot or a different set of twisties that are not as challenging but just as fun.

most of the 6th gen celica guys are from houston & san antonio areas. they are all very cool, know what an alltrac is & are respectful & mature.
in the meets section on 6cg.net there is one titled TX6G2K9 & that is where we are discussing everything.

i'm hoping that texasalltrac can make it out. he has a ST165 & lives in Austin area also. would be nice to have another gen celica there.

MixMaster

I talked to texasalltrac a couple of times. Isn't he a cop here?

He said he was rebuilding the motor and working on getting the car back on the road but then never heard from again....

What is this Lime Rock route you are talking about to Marble Falls?
I've been to Marble Falls about 100 times...lol.
The only ways I know in are 281 from the North off of Hwy 29, FM 1431 from Cedar Park all the way out (this is my route-its by my house and a great drive), or Hwy 71 to 281 from South Austin takes you to S. Marble Falls.

Do you have a map of the route or know the main road?

I hear you on that long drive for people you have never talked to.
Have you ever driven RR 12 from San Marcos out to Wimberly then back down to Gruene passing by Canyon Lake?

darthripley

never have done the San Marcos route. sounds neat - i'll have to mapquest it.

i've got a print out of the map somewhere around here ... the house is a total mess right now with parts everywhere.
someone just named it the lime rock daredevil run sorry i can't remember the actual road names :(

MixMaster

HAHA Sounds good, just whenever. It's no big deal - I was just curious.

I'm going to go sign up to follow your planning thread over there.

Thanks!

MixMaster

Yeah, I guess it's crazy to not have a Red All-Trac in this state though...lol
I should have bought Griffin's instead!

Hotrodhendrix

Hey guys! Sorry I havnt been keeping up with everything. I have alot going on in my life right now but im going to try to make it to the 6gen celica meet in May.

My alltrac is still on ice with a bad transmission and the VR4 is STILL in the way. I already have the new transmission for it but have to get the VR4 out of the way before I can do much. Not to mention I had another defib put in and cant lift anything heavy lol.

~James

darthripley

take it easy James - your health is more important than the cars.

we have tentatively set a date for the meet on Saturday May 9th.
the meeting place has not been determined & i haven't posted routes yet for the drive.

Hotrodhendrix

Ok im going to try to be there. I still have to pull the engine and swap transmissions but if everything goes well I will be in the alltrac. If not I will have to bring the VR4.

Who else is going to come?

darthripley

Great James! Either in the Alltrac or VR4 glad to see that you can come out :D

We're coming in Vadar or if he can't make it, then we'll be in R2 & MixMaster is coming too in his '93 ST185 :)
An ST165 from Houston will be there also.

The date is officially going to be Saturday June 13th.
We are still trying to get the meeting place & cruise route finalized.

Let's get as many Alltracs as we can to come on down everyone! :D