$50 3" homemade downpipe

SuperRunner

I had 2 1/2, but decided to go 3". Anyway, after some work, here it is. I should have gone a little closer to the oil pan to prevent damage, but oh well, done now.

celica_downpipe1.jpg

celica_downpipe2.jpg

SuperRunner

No more pics. DIdn't have a camera until after I put it on. I will take better pictures of the underneth when my pit becomes available. Got another project over that right now.

SuperRunner

I also planned on doing some downpipes for supra's and selling them, but time, and the fact that I need to buy a tig, prevents me from doing so for now. I will buy a tig next year. New Years Resoloution - Buy a TIG :D

Oh, by the way, it is another $25 to get to the tunnel. $75 in cost of matirial to go from turbo to tunnel.

silence

First of all the downpipe looks great. I've been thinking of picking up a Tig welder, and making my own exhaust system....
The amount i'd spend on a tig welder would be less than a full aussie system.
I have a couple questions. WHere did you get the flange for the turbo?????
And the one for the exhaust? Did you do all the welding with a mig welder?

SuperRunner

I have the flanges laser cut froma local place. And yes...unfortunatly, I have to use a mig....but hey, better than nothing I guess.

SLC Punk

SuperRunner":3f49lhur said:
I have the flanges laser cut froma local place. And yes...unfortunatly, I have to use a mig....but hey, better than nothing I guess.
Well if you need a template for a 90-93 turbo, let me know. I will volunteer to be the test car! 8)