Converting ST202 into ST205

A

Anonymous

Hei everybody :) iam new at this forum. From Cold Norway infact.
So i can propably start with, Sorry for the "wobly" english;)

My question to you guys are, how different are the ST202 from the ST205?
tunnel? does the front/rear subframe bolt on?
My plan is to by both cars and convert the ST202 into an ST205.

Now many of you are propably wondering why i dont just by the ST205 here is the answer:

Norway has a overpriced tax when importing high power cars.
So if the convertion is possible whitout to much complications iam going to buy a already nor. registerd 2L GT (st202) and import a st205 whit out paying the import Tax.

An norwegian registerd ST205 cost about 52000$ (am. Dollars)
If ican do the convertion, the total cost is about 20000$

Iam an skilled toyota mechanic and have much experience from the st185cs (550hk MBE ems.) ;)

I Thank you all for answers!

WarTowels

$52000 and $20000?

I'm guessing you mean $5,200 and $2,000...

Anyway, it's not an easy task. They are not that similar. You will need alot of ST205 parts, and then you will need countless hours of fabrication because of the AWD.

You could much easier do an engine swap from a ST205 and just leave it front wheel drive.

Making it AWD when you could technically get 205 IMO id probably going to be far far far far more hassle than it's worth.

If it is indeed the difference between 5,200 and 2000, you would spend more than that difference in the fabrication alone.

-Towels

A

Anonymous

WarTowels":22385dke said:
$52000 and $20000?

I'm guessing you mean $5,200 and $2,000...

If it is indeed the difference between 5,200 and 2000, you would spend more than that difference in the fabrication alone.

-Towels

he he.. it realy is 52`000$ and 20`000$ its an over taxed country...

my idea here was to move all parts from the st205 over to the st202,
what is not "bolt on"? and what needs to modified?
Turbo FWD is not an option, Norway and AWD = hand in glove :D

just a thought. how bout just swapping over tags from you registered st202 into your st205? its just a thought. i always wondered if that would work.

WarTowels

Well the ST202 has no path for the driveshaft. The rear st202 has nowhere to bolt the rear diff and extra drive train components. The ST202 gas tank will not work with the new drive train, so it must be modified. I'm guessing, not sure, but 1 custom motor mount may be necessary.

A few have been converted here in the USA (we can't legally import 205's)
I would highly suggest searching for them and asking their advice.

-Towels