Lexus SC430 - what's your opinion?

Wicked Toys

/\ Haha

But now that I think about it, I believe there was a 430 in Terminator 3. Looked good. It's not a bad car to get, like you said throw on some tint n rims. I'm just a big fan of old school body styles. :wink:

You should look for this one. :D

SC430SPEC.jpg

gt4play

The wife and I found (and committed) to one this weekend! Going to take possession next Saturday.

This car is spotless. The lady who owned it before kept this in tip-top shape. The only defect I could find was a couple of paint chips in the hood (too be expected for a 2002). The stock wheels and tires (which, btw, look damn near new) come with the car. She said she paid a pretty penny for the aftermarket wheels that are on it now (they're flawless). From the pics, they don't really look all that - but in person they're not half bad.

The interior - damn brand new. It looks perfect. Amazing the quality is behind these cars. And Willie - you're right - they do run like hell. We're sitting at a cruizing speed of 55'sh and punch it. Damn...guess that's V8 torque for ya.

At any rate, I think I might keep the stockers for the winter (if I even dare let Lynn - or myself - drive this thing in the winter) and maybe sell the existing customs for something a little more aesthetic (preferrably, staggered). At any rate, price was certainly right given the condition.

gt4play

Mafix":2fl4jahk said:
nice buy chris. going to have to give me that alltrac now.

Haha - thanks man. But now, having this thing, has given me renewed interest in hanging on to that alltrac!

(I need a new house - with a BIG ASS garage)

gt4play

Mafix":3t8xu6yl said:
townhouse commitee getting on your ass yet?

You would think, right? Thank gawd I live at the end with a culdisac (sp??). I haven't actually picked up this Lexus yet. We drove it and put a down payment on it, but we get it this weekend. That means I am pushing HARD to get the Mini sold. (and still possibly the bike)[/url]

Mafix

that's a shame you have to sell the bike. beauty there. on that note we should go ride together when the weather is warmer.

gt4play

Mafix":2fxkgi9l said:
that's a shame you have to sell the bike. beauty there. on that note we should go ride together when the weather is warmer.

Well, key word was "possibly". :D

And yes, we should go ride - that way I'll be convinced to keep it. :)

edv-tek

Chris, Since I don't know the price range of what you paid for the 430sc I can't really get a perspective. But what I do know is that it is a buyer''s market out I have never been hip to the body style of the sc but in the lastest years they are actually very sexy. But I have been seeing some Mercedes Benz namely the sl500's and the 600's going real cheap. For a value of a car that was well over 100K going for 20% to 25% of value in 6-7 yrs. And alot of M3 convertibles are going real cheap. Examples of all of the cars can be acheived from 15K to 25K depending on mileage and production year. for example;

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ ... 04125.html

I guess this is not in Chris's direction but to everyone out there that ther are deals to be made. But in Chris's case he found a real pearl for a deal! Chris, wait to you drive this car with the top down on a summer nite and you can hear the birds and locus. Good Buy! -ed

kickyah

gt4play":2eiyjqra said:
Mafix":2eiyjqra said:

Well, key word was "possibly". :D

And yes, we should go ride - that way I'll be convinced to keep it. :)

DON'T SELL THE BIKE! :)

WarTowels

Normally, I feel like an old man as soon as I look at a SC430, but I saw one today in Black? I think. It was pretty decent actually.

-Towels