Engine build up

Hotrodhendrix

Ok i will soon be building a 1990 celica gt coupe with the 3sgte. Now with anyluck the sponsership will come through and i will have 20,000 advance first year to spend and third year on its 10,000 a year. I will have money but i cant decide what kind of set up to get.
I want a street x car.
But also want to be able to tune for high hp.(braging right)
I will be converting it to a completly custom all wheel drive.
I would like the hp range to be 350-600 some where in there.
Ok go crazy tell me what you would do with the money and what you think i should do. :smokes:

(edit: Look at date and read below)

nynoah75

why convert a car to AWD? It makes no sense. Buy one that has AWD and put all the money you saved into doing more things to it.

Noah

SuperWhite92

with 20,000 a year, it'd be cool to say you put one in. That's the fun of sponsorships.

For the AWD system, you should use a diff like that in the STi's where you can set the F/R power distribution.

nynoah75

true it is cool to do it, but unless you are doing most of the welding yourself, the labor alone will sost you 8 grand. Buy an Alltrac and start from there.

A

Anonymous

ok ok ok if you really want to know what I think.....I think that you should take the 2jzgte motor out of a 93-98 supra and the six spd tranny (v160) and put it in there get a custom rearend fabricate the firewall and front clip to fit it completely upgrade your suspension everything take the motor rebuild it and the tranny completely and kick 500+ hp and tq out of it. Then and only then you will have a true street pounder :evil:

bet you cant figure who this is :shoots: :doh:

Dont really know why I posted this.... :shrug: ....just got bored...... now hurry up and get the d**n camera, and the comp program

A

Anonymous

Ok let me clear this up for those of you that are telling him to get a new car. Did you even read what he said? Incase you may of missed it or dont know how a sponsorship works...i'll explain. This particular sponsor is giving a ten thousand dollar a year full sponsorship, he is hoping that he can get them to give him an advance on the first year so he would start with 20k but get none the next year then it starts up with the 10k a year after that. And now to explain why telling him to get a new car is retarted, WHAT KIND OF SPONSORSHIP DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO PAY FOR YOU TO BUY A NEW(used) CAR. does anyone else see how stupid that sounds??? And he doesnt want to know what other car you would buy and do stuff to, he wants to know what you would do for that much money if you had it on that specific car for the type of racing and power he wants. That bein said what do yall think he should do?

From original post:

I want a street x car.
But also want to be able to tune for high hp.(braging right)
==>I will be converting it to a completly custom all wheel drive.
I would like the hp range to be 350-600 some where in there.
==>Ok go crazy tell me what you would do with the money and what you think i should do.

So, converting it to all wheel drive so you look like an alltrac is a waste
of sponsors money when you can go buy an alltrac (for way less then 10
or 20k) and still mod it. This subject has been beaten to death over the
years.

He said go crazy, so I did. If you are going for a sponsorship offer them something unique, and a converted fwd car isnt it :evil:

Hotrodhendrix

ok i think we got confused.

I am going to do a awd system but nothing like the alltrac.
I can only us this car because thats what i have and personaly i like the looks of the coupe better. :smokes:

What im looking for is what kind of set up would you do with this car if you were in my shoes.

sorry for the confusion :)

Hotrodhendrix

Well now look what I dug up!!!! Back when I was 18... Thought I had a sponsorship lined up (scam). This shit is funny.

"fully custom AWD system"... WTF.. Did I even know what that meant?
"350-600hp range" Wow wide range haha

My total mechanical experience to that point was brake pads (thought was hard) and oil change.. Its amazing how quickly things change. That celica was wrecked less than a year later. Stayed in my garage for a few years till I picked up Satan.

Hope you guys get a good laugh out of this. :D
~James

underscore

I didn't see the date at first and got slightly concerned, because I thought you knew better than this. Good to see how much you've learned (I know I have as well).