Whiteline FAQ [no sales pitches]

edv-tek

The whiteline package is weak in the department of the springs

I will have to eat crow on this statement I made. I had forgotten to let the coils break in for a month or two before making any statements. The springs dropped a little more and became stiffer over time. They are not so bad after all.

roo

swift used to make swaybars for our cars....those were the absolute best. From what I've heard, Whiteline's sways and bushings are amazing. I need to get under my lil brother's car and find out what sways are on it.....if they're whiteline, i'll get a set for my car because his car outhandles mine in a bad way. The previous owner claims they're cusco sway bars but i don't think cusco makes sways for our cars....at least they're not in the 2004 catalog that is.....

InitialD93

all i can say is WOW... i finally got to push my car tonight with the Whiteline rear bar installed... i was flat out amazed at the grip/stability characteristics it changed while handleing. it felt like a totally different car. Even with my stock rims and crappy winter tires it still felt 100x over stock as far as body control goes... i could feel the limits and meet them without fear of the car shifting weight unusually. This is probably the 2nd best mod i have done to my car... (first being the JIC coilovers)... and for the money the improve ment is unmatched.

NOTE: i have the sway bar set in the middle setting... prolly gona tighten it up when i pull my diff mount to fill it.

Dannam

I also live in Calgary roads can be pretty harsh. I have scraped my front bumper more times than I can count Im considering raising my 165 up a bit.

CodingParadox

I put the rear adj swaybar on (middle setting for now,) with the front and rear bushings, and the car handles amazingly better. It really is night and day. I'm going to stay away from the springs though, since all they are is a cheap lowering setup, same stiffness as stock.

124Spider

I replaced the worn-out shocks in my 165 with Teins, and the front and rear sway bars with Whiteline bars, all at the same time. So, I don't know exactly what did what, but the difference in handling is amazing.

not12listen

so, from everything i've read so far in this thread, the WhiteLine is a good overall setup for the ST165.

i've no doubt that a high-end package like JIC or TEIN would surpass the WhiteLine package... but, for a first time AllTrac driver, the WhiteLine seems like the package to go with...

or, am i mistaken?

Alright... here's a quick question. Has anyone tried the Whiteline rear bar at the full stiff setting versus the medium? I know it's a major difference(I just threw a tiny rear sway on my Accord, and it made _that_ handle amazingly better; I can only imagine what the Whiteline's going to do to my '165), but what is the difference between the settings?

Also, for anyone who hasn't picked up a Whiteline bar yet... the build quality is amazing. I'm thoroughly impressed at how stiff and well-constructed it is... and I haven't even put it on my car yet. I'm going to have to wait a long while to test stuff out, but once I get my car running I'm sure it'll be an instant hit.

suprasam

so the best package to buy for a 185 (considering the whiteline springs are soft?) would be the handling package from 935? jw if i should wait to get better quality struts/springs instead of the works package considering the car is mostly gonna see streets.

mike325ci

Does anyone have info about the spring rates of the Whiteline Springs?

I just did a search of this forum and on the web and Whiteline's site and couldn't find the info...