Calling all NW Alltracs: Run of the Ogopogo!! Aug 7-9

ChrisD

Hey Guys!

We are organizing a big Celica meet in Kelowna BC for this summer, and I was hoping I might be able to entice some of the Pac NW folks to join in.

Here is the thread:

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32416

maptovernon.jpg

Drive times:

Seattle, WA: 6hrs, 10min. 346 miles.
Spokane, WA: 6hrs, 28min. 281 miles.
Olympia, WA: 7hrs, 11min. 407 miles.

Portland, OR: 9hrs, 1min. 519 miles.

ChrisD

Here is some added incentive:

We have 3 ST205's confirmed to be there...all WRC editions!

Also a multitude of others, genuine RC's, imports, canadian spec models, and representation from all 3 gens of GT4.

:D

sammyw

I would totally go, however, with both of our all-trac's being RHD my Dad is concerned with getting them back into the US, even though they are both registered and legal. Hopefully I can persuade him to let one of them go, but it's doubtful.

Corey

I've driven my RHD car to the states before... no issue, but then they knew it was canadian, so not much they can do about it.

sammyw

I don't know, I still have a couple months, but I really want to take my all-trac at least, because it should be done by then with a new bumper and paint job, and border patrol shouldn't have anything to say since it was made RHD, not purchased RHD.

ChrisD

That would be cool for sure. They could run the VIN if they really wanted at the border to prove that it is a USDM car.

If you wanted to bring an import there, my suggestion would be to make sure you have copies of your customs / import forms, bill of sale, insurance and registration and all that with you.

:)

93cc

sounds like it could be fun... I'll check my calendar and see if I can make it happen. Maybe I will work it in with a trip to wistler

GT4RC

If the US guys wanna meet up in Vancouver and cruise up with us, there would be some SOLID GTFour representation up the coquihalla hwy :)

ChrisD

We have 9 people on the list so far from Washington! But none of them are alltracs! We're about to pass 50 people on the roll-call list. This meet is going to be EPIC.

:smokes:

seabrook71

Unfortunatley I was deported for drunk in public and disorderly conduct in Trail, B.C. about six years ago. I don't know what the statute of limitations are up there, but I'm assuming it's at least seven years. I'm also afraid that if I did get in, my own country wouldn't let me back in. Not every AllTrac freak is a model citizen.

seabrook71

Nice town. I enjoyed the parts I can remember, mainly the nudy bar. The mounties are much nicer than the cops in the U.S.

chkpnt

... deported for drunk in public ...

I didn't even know that was possible. That's kind of funny actually. Sucks they won't let you back in though. Personally I would be more worried about the US than Canada - mostly because of how variable the border can be. Sometimes you just get the wrong guy on the wrong day who only has that job to be an ass.

I might be able to make it with my 165 although money could be tight. A week prior we are driving down to California for a wedding and at the end of August we are going somewhere... Not sure where yet... But it will be on an airplane... Some place warm, where beer flows like wine and women instinctively flock like the Salmon of Capistrano. I'm talkin' about a little place called Assssssspen...

I wonder how many of you will get that? :) Anyway, we'll see how things look as the get closer. It would be fun to make the trip.

seabrook71

There's nothing like standing before a Canadian judge wearing a wig when your covered in vomit and missing your shoes. I'll have to do some research and see exactly what the law is regarding my situation. I used to go to the Molson Indy cup in Vancouver back in the day and I never had a problem. Your right about the US border guards though, they are total dicks!