STOLEN BLUE ALLTRAC in ORLANDO, FLORIDA

alltracst185

good thing i keep mine in my garage now because my trans am went to the shop for a new paint job!

i would be heart broken if my trac got stolen :shoots:

i know some people that live in fl around that area, i'll tell them to keep an eye and ear out. good luck

TomsGT4

Someone tried to jimmy the lock on my garage couple of weeks ago, but I've got high powered 'sun-bright' floodlights on a motion detector pointed right at the door.
Probably got scared off.
I think an alarm system is going on the garage in September.

Every time I park somewhere else overnight, I worry about it not being there in the morning.
By the way, guess what my insurance company would give me if it was stolen... maybe enough to buy a set of new tires for my Corolla & a ham sandwich.

darthripley

you really need to get your insurance as a stated value so if anything happens to the car you at least get what you have put into it.
Progressive offers this as well as collector car insurance like Hagerty's in the US.

bridge47

Whenever I used to park my car where I thought it might get stolen, I always disconnected my ignitor or AFM part way so it looked like it was still connected. Of course most people could figure it out pretty quick, but thieves are in a hurry and miss things like that. And they are not going to crank engine for a long time b/c that attracts attention. No protection against flatbeds though. I also had a kill switch I fabbed up. If I left it for some time I'd put a dummy relay in. Nothing will stop a determined thief but I felt it would stop the average crackhead.

etantshi

Most collectors insurance companies will require you to have other cars insured and driveable either with them or another company. Collector insurane generally has mileage limitations. On top of that you usually have to have a great or near spotless driving record. But the benefit is that you can set you own valuation.

Toxygene

As soon as my car is finished, I'm getting Lojack! I've heard too many horror stories of people getting their cars stripped to the bones.

chaos_cascade

As soon as my car is finished, I'm getting Lojack! I've heard too many horror stories of people getting their cars stripped to the bones.

Heh it won't stop it from getting stripped to the bones. It will just show you where the bones are at. What someone needs to do is fab up an airbag that pops out of the bottom part of the drivers seat when somebody pops the lock on your ignition.

Gino Merlot

GT4times2":106aqfim said:
Thanks Wayne, I truly appreciate it. I still haven't heard anything. You guys will be first to know, when and if I get any updates.

Thanks again guys.

What Ever happened with this???

Mafix

darthripley":2w9ty8w7 said:
you really need to get your insurance as a stated value so if anything happens to the car you at least get what you have put into it.
Progressive offers this as well as collector car insurance like Hagerty's in the US.
allstate also does this. usually require an appraisal though. otherwise you get scummed by the adjuster.

omar8199

Most likely the car is no longer in Orlando. I used to know a lot of hispanic tow truck drivers and they would tell me stories about the tow operators that would steal cars, drive them to Miami, and then ship them by ship to South America. The cars would be practically on a ship before anybody even knew their car was missing. Sorry to learn about this but if I hear or see anything I will notify you guys.

RafaCalde

i'm somewhat lucky. i live daytona so the only things around here worth stealing are camaros and mustangs. my house is fenced in so no problem there. i have the best protection plan there is. my HK USP Compact 9mm.