Re: Eric's 92 (Running and Dyno'd with updated pics)

EricGT4

d1alltrac":rhzjl6db said:
Why 2.5" exhaust with a SB50? same reason as the 550's?

I'm just curious.

The aftermarket exhaust was already on the car when I got it and is capable of reaching the power goals that I want without an issue so I haven't had any reason to change it out as of yet.

d1alltrac

That's what I thought. :)

So when are you planning on coming back from Germany to get it all put together? I know I wouldn't be in any rush to leave. :p

EricGT4

Okay here are some pics of it outside the tuners place. It should be running on good terms by mid week.

Not the best pics but it is something

frontalltrac.jpg

rearalltrac.jpg

EricGT4

I guess the tuner is having some issues with a rough idle. I am not sure what could be causing it at this point but this guy has a really good reputation from what I understand but I am not sure how much experience that he has dealing with these motors. So I guess right now it is just continue waiting.

EricGT4

CMS-GT4":1x4tfs4u said:
The car looks good. What size tires are those?

Thank you.

To tell you the truth I haven't seen this car in person in so long that I don't even remember what size the tires are besides the rims being 18s.

Right now the tuner is having a vacuum problem and its causing the car not to idle correctly. He can get it to start by advancing the timing 40 degrees and he can get it to idle with it advanced 50 but thats def not right. Like he cant even get enough vacuum to get the break booster to work so he is trying to figure that out right now. I am thinking that maybe the adjustable cam gears might not have been tight all the way and that the adjustment portion of the gear got knocked out of center when the car was initially kicked over causing the timing to be all out of whack. If anyone else has any ideas or has had a similar problem before please let me know because that would really help.

memphisraines26

wow this has been a long project. Car looks great. Should have more pics of that interesting school bus/camper/hauler in the background. lol

i spotted a black All-trac parked with no vin plate or license plate. I'm going to call on it since I've wanted a black all-trac for a while but I'm into Honda's.

Hope to see updates soon.

EricGT4

Does anyone have any ideas what this is or has anyone around here had a similar issue? Any input is always greatly appreciated.

silence

Sounds like the cam gears are out of wack, tell him to put the stock cams on on reset the timing, and try to start it.

EricGT4

Turns out that the timing was 180 degrees off. It's being fixed at the tuners place and then he will get his tune on. Crossing my fingers for success.

Terracar

RedCelicaTRD":34q84mux said:
Interesting, I didn't think you could shove the distributor in while it was 180* out.

Why not? it is a slot in the Cam - put it in the wrong way and bam 180* off.

-Terracar

EricGT4

Update:

The timing was supposedly fixed so it should be running correctly according to the tuner if there are no more problems by some time mid week.

Knock on some damn wood for this problem ridden bastard.

If that all works out there will be some new tires put on, the Wilwood kit installed the front bumper re-painted to fix the chip (along with the passenger fender being unstretched) and a much needed car wash. Oh yeah and the exhaust needs to be chopped and tucked in about 3 inches. Pics and Vids hopefully soon to follow.

Thanks to the people who have gone through the agony of watching this thing slllllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwwly come together over the last I don't even remember however many years now.

After all of this I plan on getting a little cosmetic with the interior and ceramic and powder coat a bunch of shit in the engine compartment along with cleaning it out to make it all clean and easy (as easy as you can with these cars) to get to.

Terracar

Nice look forward to the vids - been wanting to see this car on video for a while now.

Woot for powdercoating! What is your color scheme going to be?

-Terracar

EricGT4

I had the valve cover powder coated blue already and have gone with cusco suspension parts because they are blue and kind of go with the scheme. So it looks like im going to go black and a nice rich looking blue. The interior I am going to keep the seats and everything the way they are because they are in really good condition, but I am going with black floor mats and black stearing wheel shifter boot, leather wrapped shift knob, and same kind of deal for the hand brake. In my mind it all looks great so we will see how it turns out.