abraxxa's ST205

abraxxa

I've installed the Endless brake discs today, the OEM fronts where worn down approx. 2-3mm, the OEM rears where the same width.

DSCN1434.JPG

If your interessted in more pictures check the gallery on my homepage: http://abraxxa.zorro.at/gallery/main.php/v/GT-Four/2009-04-05_Endless_brake_discs_installation/

I like the look of the Four a *lot* now! :)

DSCN1446.JPG

abraxxa

Project direct fire ignition was launched some weeks ago and here is the progress so far:

Ignition%20mount%20blueprint.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Todays work:

IMG_6357.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

IMG_6381.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6400.jpg

IMG_6405.jpg

l0ch0w

What kind of coils are those? And is that bracket bolted to your LH engine mount? Im doing something similar with GM LQ4/LQ9 coils and I could use some ideas for mounting locations.

abraxxa

Those are Haltech sources LS1 couilds and yes I mounted them with an aluminium bracket onto the gearbox mount where the intercooler water pipes are also mounted to.

Landon

could you maybe fix the link or somethin so i could see the pictures? or maybe i'm just retarded... lol

l0ch0w

will you be shielding your 5v signal wires to the coil packs? Ive heard that ls1 coils are affected particularly badly by interference...

Hic

U don't need shielding at all.

I used these in Paris-Dakar MItsubishi Pajero 2010, and various other cars, never had a problem.

The problem is in bad ecu's, in 99.9% of cases.

phattyduck

Its a little late now, but the large crimp section of those wire ends should be around the shield of the wire, not the wire itself. It will help lower the stress that is put directly on the copper wire itself. Good job on soldering the connection though. :)

-Charlie

MWP

Those are actually pretty average solder joints :(
The wire isnt clean enough, or you havent heated the join enough for the solder to properly wick into the inner strands of the cable.

You probably wont have any issues (in the short-med term anyway), but its something you should try to correct in the future.

phattyduck

MWP":voo9j626 said:
Those are actually pretty average solder joints :(
The wire isnt clean enough, or you havent heated the join enough for the solder to properly wick into the inner strands of the cable.

You probably wont have any issues (in the short-med term anyway), but its something you should try to correct in the future.
Heh, I was a bit unclear - I meant it was good he soldered them. Most (if not all) of those connections are crimped, then soldered, so it should be reliable, even if the soldering quality itself isn't perfect.

I'm just so used to the hack jobs on most cars (not on here, but in general). :bangshead:

-Charlie