The alltrac weight reduction thread

Klas

Here are some st165 weight info.

This are all the weight savings so far, haven´t weigh the stock intercooler vs the fmic, not the stock exhaust sys vs the 3 in no cat system either.

This is what I´ve get rid of:
asfalt soundstopper 7.5kg-16.5lb
vacum stuff 1.5kg-3.3lb
other stuff enginebay 3kg-6.6lb
airmassmeter 2.3kg-5.1lb
brackets 0.4kg-0.9lb
gastank brackets 1.8kg-4lb
towingloops front 1.6kg-3.5lb
idlemotor 0.4kg-0.9lb
hoodlock 0.6kg-1.3lb
intake soundbox 0.9kg-2lb
trunk dampers 0.9kg-2lb
rear wiper 1.4kg-3.1lb
tools 1kg-2.2lb
jack 2kg-4.4lb
2 stock fenders 7.6kg-16.7lb
metal sunroof 4.5kg-10lb
2 stock rearside windows 5.1kg-11.2lb
metal trunklid 10.7kg-23.5lb
metal hood 15.8kg-34.8lb
2 front seats 39.3kg-86.5lb
fueltank 14.5kg-32lb
rear window 9.7kg-21.3lb

total:132.5kg-291.5lb

This is what I´ve put on:
fiberglass sunroof 1.9kg-4.2lb
2 fiberglass fenders 4.4kg-9.7lb
2 rear side poly windows 2.8kg-6.2lb
fiberglass trunklid 3.8kg-8.4lb
fiberglass hood 5.9kg-13lb
2 racing seats 22kg-48.4lb
rear poly window 4.9kg-10.8lb
fuelcell 5kg- 11lb

Total: 50.7kg-111.5lb

I have´t included the deleted spare tire. I saved 1.5kg-3.3lb by swaping the fuel lines with alu tubes and saved 1kg-2.2lb with my new steeringwheel.
My total weight saving is around 84.3kg-185.5lb (so far)

Klas

Gary":2i26etmu said:
Klas":2i26etmu said:
airmassmeter 2.3kg-5.1lb
Are you talking about the AFM? :shock:
I weighed mine and it came out only 2.5 lbs.

Yes, It was almost a year ago I did this, I maybe weigh it with my brackets and the strait intake hose? Hard to remember :lol:

timmey

Corey Darling":30t0lfke said:
I just weighed my JDM spare wheel: Came in at 27 pounds according to bathroom scale.

Yay! I took that out, the jack and the carpet/plastic piece to relocate my battery..lol. I guess thats all I've done.

Rpz123isme

i regret removing and trashing all of my power steering stuff. the car has a completely different feel. not in a positive way.

concealer404

Rpz123isme":2xsrz2w0 said:
i regret removing and trashing all of my power steering stuff. the car has a completely different feel. not in a positive way.

Probably true... but that's also something that affects a 2400lb car a lot less than a 3300lb car.

And mine is leaking to the point it borders on ludicrous. And i don't feel like paying to fix it. If done right it should only suck while parking. Even when i was fighting the pump in my old car, it was easily manageable once going faster than 15mph. This car is easily 300lbs lighter, and i won't be fighting the pump. Was more curious about how much it weighs.... i'll find out if nobody has input within a week.

CMS-GT4

When you say gutted, do you mean no dash, or interior plastic, etc...?

Do you have the sunroof, or AC? Power windows? Narrow body or widebody?

lumbercis

concealer404":v0g91nti said:
Rpz123isme":v0g91nti said:

Probably true... but that's also something that affects a 2400lb car a lot less than a 3300lb car.

And mine is leaking to the point it borders on ludicrous. And i don't feel like paying to fix it. If done right it should only suck while parking. Even when i was fighting the pump in my old car, it was easily manageable once going faster than 15mph. This car is easily 300lbs lighter, and i won't be fighting the pump. Was more curious about how much it weighs.... i'll find out if nobody has input within a week.

Not to pick on you or anything, but I don't think that the solution for not having enough money to fix something is to yank the system out. Your car will eventually be a worthless shell if you keep following that line of thinking. If you don't want to pay to fix it, get a set of BGBs and some tools and troubleshoot the problem. You may find out you just need new hoses and not a new pump.

Also, taking out power steering doesn't give you manual steering, it gives you broken power steering. To get the same effect as manual steering, you would need to swap in a manual rack. But that might end up being the same or more money as just fixing the power steering.

EDIT: Just noticed you have a GT. You might want to hunt around the junkyard for a GT with a manual rack and swap it out. Might be the most economical solution.

concealer404

lumbercis":34tuqq38 said:
concealer404":34tuqq38 said:
Rpz123isme":34tuqq38 said:

Not to pick on you or anything, but I don't think that the solution for not having enough money to fix something is to yank the system out. Your car will eventually be a worthless shell if you keep following that line of thinking. If you don't want to pay to fix it, get a set of BGBs and some tools and troubleshoot the problem. You may find out you just need new hoses and not a new pump.

Also, taking out power steering doesn't give you manual steering, it gives you broken power steering. To get the same effect as manual steering, you would need to swap in a manual rack. But that might end up being the same or more money as just fixing the power steering.

No i understand what you're saying. But what i'm saying is that i'm not about to pay the money to fix something that i'm not a fan of in the first place. It's not that i don't HAVE the money, it's just that i don't WANT to "fix" it. I just dropped $500 on tires for my $600 car. If i wanted to fix the power steering, i would.

I would swap to a manual rack if i 1) could find one, and 2) wanted an even slower steering ratio, which i don't.

What i'm doing gives me a manual rack, with the bonus of having the quicker power rack ratio. I'm not saying just take off the belt or anything.... i'm taking off the pump, and recirculating the rack. It's not broken anything, it's properly "de-powered."

I know it's the hoses. Both the high pressure and low pressure hoses are leaking. The pump works fine. I paid $600 for the car, it IS a worthless shell from the standpoint that nobody would buy it. But that's fine, it's NOT meant to be a daily driver. I don't really care about the resale value, it's a track toy. And from that standpoint, less weight = better. The car has an end goal of under 2400lbs w/ a gen3 swap. :D

JDM GT-Four

CMS-GT4":23ojp6lr said:
When you say gutted, do you mean no dash, or interior plastic, etc...?

Do you have the sunroof, or AC? Power windows? Narrow body or widebody?

sorry, I meant just removed back seats and spare tire/jack, removed a/c, and thats about it..... its a Narrow body btw