Its that time (PICS R UP)

Talk about the other Celica models

Its that time (PICS R UP)

Postby celicaGTS_T » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:45 am

Doing a swap on my GTS, ill post pics up as soon as its done. starting day 2 tomorrow... messiest shit ever lol
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Last edited by celicaGTS_T on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
celicaGTS_T
Club Member
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby AvivB » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:35 pm

I just finish swapping 3S-GE to 3S-GTE (RC JDM) engine in ST182...
Let me know if you need some info on that.
/Aviv

('92 ST182RC 1/1 :-) )
"Life is not the fact that your heart is beating but the number of times you miss a heartbeat..." (www)
User avatar
AvivB
Gold Member
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:45 pm
Location: Israel

Postby celicaGTS_T » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 am

all the dirty works done, didnt go with either engine for the swap. thx for the gesture tho 8)
User avatar
celicaGTS_T
Club Member
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby celicaGTS_T » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:52 pm

pics of the swap... not in order (LOTS OF PICS)
5sfe --> 3sfe

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

5sfe thru the bottom (horrible idea)

Image

Image

Image

Image

theres that punk Rpz123isme...

Image

Image

Image

Image

3sfe thru the top

Image
Last edited by celicaGTS_T on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
celicaGTS_T
Club Member
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby Rick89GTS » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:09 am

celicaGTS_T wrote:...5sfe --> 3sfe...

Just so I'm clear, you took out the 5SFE and put in a 3SFE?
User avatar
Rick89GTS
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3747
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:28 am
Location: Great White North, Canada

Postby celicaGTS_T » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 am

correct.... 8)
User avatar
celicaGTS_T
Club Member
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby klue » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:02 am

Rick89GTS wrote:
celicaGTS_T wrote:...5sfe --> 3sfe...

Just so I'm clear, you took out the 5SFE and put in a 3SFE?
\


from bad to worse
facebook.com/xiiimotorsports
#xiiimotorsports ON instagram
User avatar
klue
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3893
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Greater Toronto Area

Postby celicaGTS_T » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:20 am

And u have evidence to support ur opinion?? If u toss the 5sfe intake/ exhaust manifold, injectors, and ecu on the 3sfe, you increase the output of the engine.

Sorry im not jumping on the 3sgte band-wagon like others. No offense. But obtaining a 3sfe from a 96-97 jdm rav-4 is more cost effective for me. So if u wanna bash me and my swap cuz its something you wouldnt have chosen, so be it.
User avatar
celicaGTS_T
Club Member
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby Rpz123isme » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:01 am

Look to all the haters. a 140k 5s with rod knock is a slow motor. A 3s with a larger intake and larger exhaust and bigger injectors, with a better computer, and 40k is a lot faster. also the 3s is square bore * stroke. where the 5s is not. granet you might have 5lbs less torque with the 3s you have about 40-50 more hp with the this setup. ohhhh and the best part is it only cost 500 dolars from start to finish with a 6 month unlimited mile warranty where puttin another 5s would cost 1200 plus. with lame results. my 2 cents

If you think i am full of $hit. bring your fwd celica to the plate and race justin. I will pay for track time and give anyone with a stock 5sfe celica a thousand dollars if they win. 8)
Hard works pays off in the long run, but procrastination pays off now!
Hesperia, CA
1988 St165 - Project Bacardi with a 4sgte
User avatar
Rpz123isme
Established Member
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:04 am
Location: Insane, CA

Postby pintoBC_3sgte » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:00 pm

lol read bring your fwd celica and get a grand if u win.. but skipped over stock.. :p damn
Image
User avatar
pintoBC_3sgte
Club Member
 
Posts: 513
Images: 0
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:02 am
Location: Kelowna, BC , Canada

1991 Toyota Celica

Postby celicaGTS_T » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:59 am

All finished

Image
User avatar
celicaGTS_T
Club Member
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby UtahSleeper » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:11 pm

So, you have a 3sfe for a rav4 in it now. Did you also swap the ecu from the Rav? Have you noticed a difference with this engine from when the 5s ran well?
User avatar
UtahSleeper
Established Member
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Magna, UT

Postby celicaGTS_T » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:21 am

Im running the 5sfe ecu, harness, intake/ exhaust manifolds, and injectors. I mean, slapping 2.2 parts onto a 2.0 liter engine boosts power a bit and yes its noticeable... It pulls in 5th gear :D
User avatar
celicaGTS_T
Club Member
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Postby Mafix » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Rpz123isme wrote:Look to all the haters. a 140k 5s with rod knock is a slow motor. A 3s with a larger intake and larger exhaust and bigger injectors, with a better computer, and 40k is a lot faster. also the 3s is square bore * stroke. where the 5s is not. granet you might have 5lbs less torque with the 3s you have about 40-50 more hp with the this setup. ohhhh and the best part is it only cost 500 dolars from start to finish with a 6 month unlimited mile warranty where puttin another 5s would cost 1200 plus. with lame results. my 2 cents

If you think i am full of $hit. bring your fwd celica to the plate and race justin. I will pay for track time and give anyone with a stock 5sfe celica a thousand dollars if they win. 8)

i'm game. let me know whether or not to even bother filling the nitrous bottle.
edit: better yet, i'll fill it and he can put it in his car. might give him a glimpse of hope.

keep the grand though. i'd feel bad.
Mafix
Gold Member
 
Posts: 5877
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:56 pm

Postby Mafix » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:00 pm

celicaGTS_T wrote:Im running the 5sfe ecu, harness, intake/ exhaust manifolds, and injectors. I mean, slapping 2.2 parts onto a 2.0 liter engine boosts power a bit and yes its noticeable... It pulls in 5th gear :D

very interesting. glad it's working for you.
Mafix
Gold Member
 
Posts: 5877
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:56 pm

Next

Return to FWD Celica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests