Bolt In roll Cage.

Get off the pavement!

Postby WideFNopen » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Just to add a little clarity here:

A "roll cage" and a "roll bar" are two different things. I think it would be smart to do a bolt in roll bar but not a bolt in roll cage.

Bolt in roll bars are perfect for street/ weekend warrior rides since they do not pose a risk to the driver when no helmet is worn and they let you go to a five point restraint system.

You will rarely find a bolt in cage in a race car since they will not pass tech. If you need a cage then the first thing to do is get the rule book out and then get in touch with a tech inspector from your series and let them advise you on "what they want to see".

PS Shaggz is a good dude and I would not hesitate to put a bolt in roll bar made by him if I had a street Trac.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
https://www.facebook.com/peakcityrally

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/1-12-2015/ZMp5Gn.gif
WideFNopen
Club Member

Postby Shaggz00 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:05 am

I'll have to take some pictures of what I'm talking about. It's not a roll bar, just an extremely sturdy harness bar. It's kind of hard to imagine unless you see the pics. I guess one might say whats the point, But I kind of like it as a less bulky alternative to a roll bar. Of course I could always make a cage :P I finally finished one for an RX-8 Grand-Am cup car I've been working on forever and it came out pretty sweet.

Anyways, Lemme take pics and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Is the reason that some of you guys want a roll bar just for harnesses, or for the chassis stiffness?
-Avi-
'88 ST-165(Black) - Sitting... Waiting... Quietly... in the garage under 2 inches of dust...
'88 ST-165(grey) - gone to rusty Celica heaven
'91 MKIII Supra - 98% completion!
Shaggz00
Gold Member

Postby TimmyD » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 pm

A bolt in roll bar for a st185 would be sweet because that is what is required for Hill climbs locally. You don't need a full cage. It could then be used as a basis for a cage later on meaning it isn't wasted. The bar would be cheaper and wouldn't render the back half of the car useless as a daily driver.
Its not an oil leak... Its sweat from all the horse power!
1991 Celica GT4 RC #236
TimmyD
Club Member

Postby Shaggz00 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:25 pm

ok, so next question, interior or no interior? Any passengers (meaning, location to mount a passenger harness)?
-Avi-
'88 ST-165(Black) - Sitting... Waiting... Quietly... in the garage under 2 inches of dust...
'88 ST-165(grey) - gone to rusty Celica heaven
'91 MKIII Supra - 98% completion!
Shaggz00
Gold Member

Postby concealer404 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Shaggz00 wrote:ok, so next question, interior or no interior? Any passengers (meaning, location to mount a passenger harness)?

No interior. Yes to passenger and needing location for passenger harness. :D

At least, that's just me. What kind of price, ballpark, do you anticipate?
Cars and stuff.
concealer404
Club Member

Postby TimmyD » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:25 pm

As stock as possible, full interior, full use of rear seat with padding on the roll bar. Best case scenario the roll bar has a welded or bolted in harness bar lower on the hoop.
Its not an oil leak... Its sweat from all the horse power!
1991 Celica GT4 RC #236
TimmyD
Club Member

Previous

Return to Rally Row