2009 Tail of the Dragon TN/NC April 17 meet planning

WideFNopen

Wish I could have made it out guys but my car still only runs in 30 min intervals so it would have been a long ride....

I'm shooting for next year for sure!

Nitro_Alltrac

CMS-GT4":1gs2q9fc said:
It was the most alltracs at a single time at a Dragon meet. Would have been 6 if Mindy did not get lost.

Hopefully we can get some of us together this fall and working on having a larger presence at next years meet.

Maybe would should try and set a date in the next month or two. That way everybody will have time to plan.

CMS-GT4

Yeah, we need to figure something out. I am in finals now, and going to malaysia for a month at the end of may, so Maybe in June we can start planning a date. Maybe everyone's goal for the next few months should be to get their cars running, then we can focus on a meet. :D

Nitro_Alltrac

CMS-GT4":87zq352g said:
Yeah, we need to figure something out. I am in finals now, and going to malaysia for a month at the end of may, so Maybe in June we can start planning a date. Maybe everyone's goal for the next few months should be to get their cars running, then we can focus on a meet. :D

That sounds like a good idea. I think if we can set a date in early to mid-June, the attendance might be better. It will give everybody a target to shoot for.

FGFennec

Id say find a place that isnt so hard to get to...as right now my trac wont even go up a hill on its own power...and ive got a couple mountains in between me and the dragon....but it is a great place to actually meet....so...hmm...I'd be up for a meet then ^_^

vip09

I had a great time! My car had only been together for a week before the trip. I had to stop a couple times to wrench on some things, but nothing major. I definitely couldn't have it through the trip without my g/f who helped tune the fuel map while I was driving. Here are my pics from the meet.

STP63022Large.jpg

STP63024Large.jpg

STP63025Large.jpg

STP63026Large.jpg

STP63027Large.jpg

STP63028Large.jpg

STP63029Large.jpg

STP63030Large.jpg

STP63031Large.jpg

STP63033Large.jpg

STP63034Large.jpg

STP63038Large.jpg

STP63040Large.jpg

STP63047Large.jpg

STP63053Large.jpg

STP63054Large.jpg

STP63056Large.jpg

STP63060Large.jpg

STP63064Large.jpg

STP63069Large.jpg

STP63075Large.jpg

STP63076Large.jpg

STP63077Large.jpg

STP63083Large.jpg

STP63087Large.jpg

STP63090Large.jpg

STP63091Large.jpg

STP63094Large.jpg

STP63097Large.jpg

STP63109Large.jpg

STP63110Large.jpg

STP63111Large.jpg

STP63112Large.jpg

STP63131Large.jpg

STP63158Large.jpg

STP63160Large.jpg

STP63171Large.jpg

STP63172Large.jpg

STP63175Large.jpg

STP63176Large.jpg

STP63177Large.jpg

STP63178Large.jpg

STP63180Large.jpg

STP63181Large.jpg

MR2 Guru

I cant believe I made it all the way there and failed to make the meet. Morning sickness can kiss my a$$. I'm beyond words.

Nitro_Alltrac

Locofrancais":rttmmfy0 said:
I cant believe I made it all the way there and failed to make the meet. Morning sickness can kiss my a$$. I'm beyond words.

We missed you guys! Hopefully things go better next time.

Blacktrac

The link in the previous post got taged with the and does not work!
try this one for the pic's of the Dragon meet.
[url=http://pjshaver.zenfolio.com/p821311808]http://pjshaver.zenfolio.com/p821311808[/url]

Blacktrac

Thanks Nitro, it was great meeting you and thanks again for the use of the radiator cap!, I have been a "silent" member for many years. I have read a lot of the posts over the years but have never really had anything to add. Alltrac.net is the first place I turn to when I have a question. I usually can find the answer to the question with a simple search! :)
The Alltrac has been on the back burner to the Emod car since i bought it in 2003. This year I wanted to get more done to the Alltrac and give up some on the Emod car.
I have a lot of Celica knowledge since I've owned a 1st gen, a 3rd gen GTS, 3 4th gens one of which was a Alltrac, and the other has a maxed out GTS SCCA street prepared solo car that I autocrossed for 12 years. And last but not least my st185. Also had a 1st gen MR2 and a original Toyota Van :doh:
I plan on being more active in this community where I can apply my knowledge.

Nitro_Alltrac

If you had to deal with an original Toyota van, you have my great respect.

I missed your join date and didn't realize you'd been here that long.

Your E/mod car is the MG with the rotary right? You need to post up some pics.

CMS-GT4

I hope Wicked Toys can get that 185 ready for next year.

I think we might have a bigger AT turn out next year.

Nitro_Alltrac

Kevin is working on his. Hopefully it will be ready to go next year. He and I are going try and make a run up here in WV sometime this summer. You guys would be welcome to join use if you want.