no start with afm plugged in

Landon

hey guys, so came to find that the afm was causing my car not to start. it starts when its unplugged just runs really rough. when its running i plug in the afm, bam car dies. so i am not sure if the afm is bad or what. some help would be awesome. all i did when putting in the new intake was paint it and cleaned it with throttle body cleaner. so yeah, dunno if that was bad, but let me know before i have to buy a new one.

Landon

how do i check my codes? jumping e1 and te1 don't give me anything, even just steady blinking. so i dunno. do i need a new afm? and what ones interchangable? like that i can put on to see if thats the problem?

Landon

alright guys, i got 24 and 31 on the codes. so like expected, AFM and air temp. anyways, not sure where to go with this though?

Landon

oh man, i've been so excited i haven't been on here much. found out that when i pulled my adapter part of the afm off just a little bit at the beggining of my project that i torn off the three contact points inside it. why would toyota make something that comes off with two screws so easily then it breaks the whole thing? its retarded. cause its like they use it to sell parts. lol. anyways, found a guy who had one off a four runner that worked! i'm so excited cause she started right up and has been running strong. did you all know that those where compatible with our cars? kinda convinient to know.

klue

they made it that way because your not supposed to touch it.
only i have that power
muhahahha

Landon

and why are you so special? haha. anyways, it actually looks like a pretty easy fix. so i might fix it just for kicks.