suspension

omgitsroy326

i really want tanabe.. errrr.. teins are ok ... i've been told that teins are the best out of the shitty suspensions.. and not so great out of the better ones ...

toayoztan

I never knew they made suspension...(then again, i dont' know much bout suspension). I just thought they made those really really loud and annoying mufflers hehe. Yes, back in the days, those were the best! Now, i think it's a bit played out. Sorry to go off subject.

Anyways, about the comment on teins being the best of the worst, and the worst of the best. What do you all think? I always thought Tein was good. I know a few of my friends over here want them (and they dont' have ricey cars either...).

Bryan

omgitsroy326

i didn't mean to say teins are crappy.. sorry .. made it sound wrong... i jus meant that they are good but if i'm goin to spend that much i wanna spend more and get really good ones.. JICs are good... iono if they have it for st165 though

gary... what do u consider rice anyways?

mtbgael

omgitsroy326":16ht1nli said:
gary... what do u consider rice anyways?

oh no, that question never ever is answered without starting 8 page threads and offending 80 people lol.

Gary

Loud fart can exhaust is rice.
How many people did I offend?
Sorry :shrug:

Yup, rice is something to each their own.
Domestic guy call my black alltrac with white rims rice. :shrug:

mtbgael

misunderstood, I don't get offended unless a ricer calls my car rice :lol: (my main ride being a 2000 eclipse gt)

Gary

Not you, I mean this guy

crap_wanna_be_ricer.jpg

toayoztan

Hey, maybe he was just improvising...no, i don't think that's it either. He should have better taste than to stick a spoiler like that on. Anyhow, as for the fart can exhaust...some exhausts just can't help sound like that. It's only rice if you have just the tip (chrome, lighted, flammed..you name it)!

Bryan

Russel

omgitsroy326-

how about a DMS suspension?
a bit spendy but worth it in my opinion, direct replacement, and very high quality.
ECS-TOY-ST165-40A ST 165 $3675.00 40mm shock

ECS-TOY-ST165-50A-NT ST165 NT $5299.00 50mm

ECS-TOY-ST165-50A-NG ST165 NG $5299.00 50mm

ECS-TOY-ST185-50A-S Celica awd (1990-1993) $4825.00 50mm - you could make these fit with some work, if i'm not mistaken.

s= street
nt= tarmac
ng=gravel

http://www.dmsnorthamerica.com/cgi-bin/ec.cgi?opt=2&org=1&pid=236&a=dc

mudslide

note: i'm a noob and getting help from some pretty genious toyota people.

toyota was smart enought to make their parts standard... the shocks are 2" which means you can make your own coil overs with little modification. i'm going through the process in a week or 2 depending on part arival. check out speedwaymotors.com they sell the coil over kits along with a selection of springs. the whole thing should cost around $400 and for the rally guys they have the option of going above stock height. i'll be able to give more detail when i actually do the install and know what i'm talking about. this is just a teaser

alltracman78

Gary":azu4oilx said:
Domestic guy call my black alltrac with white rims rice. :shrug:

I wonder what they call a mustang with a fake hood scoop?
Or how about putting fake scoops on Ford/Chevy pu?

:nono:

1stGenAllTrac

mudslide":2f312j6r said:
note: i'm a noob and getting help from some pretty genious toyota people.

toyota was smart enought to make their parts standard... the shocks are 2" which means you can make your own coil overs with little modification. i'm going through the process in a week or 2 depending on part arival. check out speedwaymotors.com they sell the coil over kits along with a selection of springs. the whole thing should cost around $400 and for the rally guys they have the option of going above stock height. i'll be able to give more detail when i actually do the install and know what i'm talking about. this is just a teaser

i've been kinda thinking about trying a custom setup.. probably wouldn't be ALL that hard. we'll see when i get my parts car struts out and do some measuring..

illGT4

Russel":1ghu52dy said:
omgitsroy326-

how about a DMS suspension?
a bit spendy but worth it in my opinion, direct replacement, and very high quality.
ECS-TOY-ST165-40A ST 165 $3675.00 40mm shock

ECS-TOY-ST165-50A-NT ST165 NT $5299.00 50mm

ECS-TOY-ST165-50A-NG ST165 NG $5299.00 50mm

ECS-TOY-ST185-50A-S Celica awd (1990-1993) $4825.00 50mm - you could make these fit with some work, if i'm not mistaken.

s= street
nt= tarmac
ng=gravel

http://www.dmsnorthamerica.com/cgi-bin/ec.cgi?opt=2&org=1&pid=236&a=dc

DMS suspension Rocks the House down...