Post your Gt4 toys here

CMS-GT4

So some of use have gt4 toys and models and I figured this would be a good place to showcase them.

I have the famous taymia 185 model, and just got a hagasagwa model to work on. Also have diecast version of what my car looked like w/ my old wheels.

I try to tell Robert there was an wide body 16x for sale on ebay, but I am not sure who got it. If anyone from the board got it, they should post it.

I'll post some pics of my stuff tonight.

Gary

No pics now but I got, unassembled, Tamiya Castrol ST185, a Safari Rally Repsol ST185, and a real hood from the TTE Repsol ST185. :)

zblu81

i've got pics of my tamiya 185rc in the ftp folder. i didn't come with a motor so i put in a motor from the tamiya 205 model. And also the stock interior from another st18x models.

And I am pissed that I missed out on a hasegawa st185 gt-fourRC on ebay. Not a rally model, a stock version. Its the only one I've ever seen. I was begining to think there were never any made.

zblu81

yeah, I was going to do a last minute bid but my computer messed up/half froze and my bid wasn't submitted

CMS-GT4

You can find them online for about 35usd. Search google. It has been about a year since I looked. I wanted the hagasagwa rally car since it had the wider wheels and lowered suspension, and I plan on making what my cars goal is with that model. Not sure what I will do w/ the taymia one.

Heres the pic of the diecast, a little bigger then a matchbox car, not sure the scale.

minigt40sg.jpg

minigt426ob.jpg

HoleShot

I have the Revell 1:24 Toyota Celica WRC

Winner RAC Rally '92/Corsica Rally '94

Its rather new, the front art says 2003 on it.

I haven't built it yet, its got the castrol, and TTE sticker theme.

10002762ak.jpg

Here's the little story from the box.

" In 1992, the new four-wheel drive 299bhp Toyota Celica Turbo 4WD made its rally debut. That succesful season was surpassed the following year with still more wins; it took first place in 7 WRC races, including the RAC Rally in England, that Juha Kankkunen decided in his favour. The Finn stood on the winner's podium five times in 1993, which gave him the world championship title and Toyota and constructors' title.
Why the Celica Turbo 4WD was the most succesful of Toyota's rally cars was proved in the 1994 season when the constructors' title again went to Toyota. In additoin Didier Aurial ended the Corsica Rally in first place and thanks to two other wins gained his first WRC world championship title. "

whew.

CMS-GT4

Here are some more cool toys I found online.

I tried telling robert about this one on ebay.

jm-toyota-celica-gto-03.jpg

jm-toyota-celica-gto-01.jpg

A 165.

gl_toyota-celica-01.jpg

RIalltrac

I really should grow up

Why? theres no point in it, if you grow up then you have to take everything way too seriously. I'm all about having fun for the time being. I like the gt4 models, and being a model builder I should have them, but I really only like to undertake models that are "hard", those curbside kits just dont do it for me. I usually only build models that have engine detail, just makes it look cooler. I've only seen one gt4 model that has engine detail its for the st205

zblu81

you could get both and put the 205 motor in the 185. you'd also have to cut the hood open. And make a straight intake. and make the headlights positionable :D

CMS-GT4

I got my Hag. kit. The wheels suck. I like the "turbo" type wheels on the 165, but not on the 185 so much. The big problem w/ the wheels is that they are so damn narrow. The taymia kit's wheels are perfect in size, but I am using them for that kit. I am looking at other wheel options. You can get wheels that look just like famous vol wheels etc, but they cost from 9-15 usd + shipping. I was at walmart and say the jada toy car 1/24 scale for around 9usd. They have the same wheels from the famous manufacture and already painted. I may buy one of these just for the wheels and extra parts.

RIalltrac

I have a couple friends that build models and every time we go somewhere like walmart, we sit there and scope out all the crappy metal kits for wheels and things like that. You'd be amazed at how many little pieces you can jack off those tuner metal model kits.

1stGenAllTrac

oh man u aint kidding. i got a box full of rims, wings, body kit pieces, headlights, trim etc.. i used to do up old 50's fords .. take an exacto and shave the trim, door handles, melt plastic here, add plastic there.. haha.. i wish i had pic's of them still the best was a 49 ford coupe, chopped top shaved everything, like 22" rims (to scale) back when like 15"s were cool, frenched in taillights off some car, frenched headlights off another model..

and i used to have the tamiya st-185 rc electric r/c 1/10th scale.. fun. i want to get a 165 now though, they're hard to find and usually really expensive.

CMS-GT4

I was looking at the wheels from the tuner cars and they are too narrow. And too large in diameter to fit my celica models. I guess they can get away w/ skinny wheels since the body kits are so low you can't really see the width on the wheels. Since the gt4 models do not have body kits you will notice how skinny the wheels are. I can make my wheels wider, that is not the problem, but finding tires to go on the wider wheels seems to be the problem. I am going to start the models right after I finish teh gt4 shirts. Which since my mac died might go back the pic since it just started working again. I hope to get the mac going tonight since I prefer to design this on the mac.