Trevor's 1/4 mile passes (new results on page 4)

lumbercis

Or put in layman's terms, a 2 step is a device that lets you build boost off the line in a turbo drag car by holding the car at a preset rpm. Once you launch, the 2 step turns off and you return to your normal rev limit for the rest of the run.

J.

tjdouble07

I'm running a stock tranny, w/ Royal Purple gear oil.

Well, unfortunately I didn't get to run last night. I drove the car 40 miles to the track, and within the last few miles of the track, developed a bad oil leak from my oil pump/front main seal area. I got to the track with a trail of oil following me, and I was 2 quarts low in oil. I just put in a new 99 Camry pump a few days ago, as they have a little better oil flow, and it didn't leak a single drop before this. So I'll have to pull the lower timing belt cover and see if I can figure out the exact source of the leak. Most likely I will be changing my PCV system, incorporating a big breather filter, instead on my exhaust scavenge, as I feel crankcase pressure under 34 psi of boost is the cause of this leak, or at least a contributing factor... Either way, it will probably be next year before I get back out to the track...

darthripley

that's a real shame tjdouble07, i was looking forward to seeing another pass from you :(
but at least the motor didn't get starved of oil & blow up - that would have been tragic!!

tjdouble07

Yeah, It could have been a lot worse. My guess is I popped my front main seal out, and if so it will be an easy fix. I'll pull her apart sometime in the next week and see what happened.

LegacyofDan

be thankful it wasn't anything REAL extreme...still sux...but could always have been worse :) ...well thats what i would tell myself lol

donteatbugs

i went to the track last sunday and ran a 1.7 60ft with my 2 step. i have it set around 4500. with 54% fuel and spark cut. im running the nemesis on a gt3076r. im on 235/40/17 kumho 711 with about 25psi. i drop the clutch (southbend dxd) at the line and it spins the front some.

2 step picture for those who dont know

Picture084.jpg

tjdouble07

Hey guys. Well I finally got back out to the track. This was another Midnight Drags that was really busy, so with me waiting over an hour between runs I only got 3 runs in. The first run I took it easy and ran a 10.8@139 with a 1.87 60'. Second run I revved her a little higher at the line, and with a 1.77 60' managed a 10.76@139.31 mph. Last run I bogged it out of the hole but still ran another 10.8@131. I think setting up a little two step is in the near future...

BTW, here's a video of my second run... 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKMBRinlKU

BoNkErZz

So are you now faster than PAT or is he still king??? p.s. I love your build and your car looks so much better in person. I saw it last time it was at KO and now it even sicker, so when is that thing of your coming back to oregon???

lumbercis

BoNkErZz":vhracntu said:
So are you now faster than PAT or is he still king??? p.s. I love your build and your car looks so much better in person. I saw it last time it was at KO and now it even sicker, so when is that thing of your coming back to oregon???

I believe Pat posted a 10.3. But Trevor's car could probably beat that if he would stop running on street tires. :p

RedCelicaTRD

It's mainly a launch issue. Slight bog out of the hole and then the turbo has to spool up. With launch control and some boost out of the hole those times will drop considerably.