Western Canada Celi Meet - Vernon, BC Aug 7,8,9 2009

pintoBC_3sgte

sweeet... looks like fun :D . lol i envy everyone thats comming to this with a/c . Gets so damn hot in the summer. :p
so watch ur engine temps if your climbing hills.. so many cars were pulled off to the side of the hwy last summer

schweizerceli

Good point pinto..

Everyone planning on this event should test/flush their coolant system .. check all fluids ... check for leaks throughout the engine bay .... perform your checks / tune-ups in the next few weeks so you have adequate time to fix things that need fixing.

A full jug of distilled water, some extra engine oil a funnel and a rag should be in your trunk just in case.

The Okanagan can be extemely hard on the cars at the height of summer so a little pre-inspection will be time well spent.

91GT4RCboy

No, I'll be on van isle in the summer with my dad and his delica (I'm with the military out in kingston right now), my celica will stay in Kingston for a month without me.

trialsmaster2

91GT4RCboy":2yhzz4p7 said:
No, I'll be on van isle in the summer with my dad and his delica (I'm with the military out in kingston right now), my celica will stay in Kingston for a month without me.

If you and your Dad want to do any forestry road exploring in the Okanagan area on your way to Vancouver Island, let me know. Our Delica loves to make friends and go offroad :)

91GT4RCboy

My dad lives on the island, we'll be starting there and then heading up to vernon, if you're ever island side though I'll give you his number, he can take you on some pretty sick old trails. Maybe if we can find some time while we're up that way though we should hit some up, my dad is putting some new boggers on it next week.

pintoBC_3sgte

damn seen so many celica's, but only one red alltrac, around town lately.. lol cept theyre always on the other side of the hwy so cant exactly flag em down n tell em about the meet.

86CelicaGT-S

Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to make it. The Celica is currently parked because it needs some work. Gonna try to fix it up in time. Going to Burnaby on July 8th to check out the Toyota Sponsored Automotive Course at BCIT so I'll see how it drives there and back (put on a permit) and then make my decision. Lol, gonna look like a pile compared to all the beautiful Celica's that I see will be coming. Though if I don't take the Celica down I'll take the 4Runner down and still drool over all the beautiful cars...atleast the 4runner is a Toyota :p