Towels first 1/4 mile run!

WarTowels

Sorry this is a little less content than I would have liked. But I'm just too excited to wait.

I have videos, pictures, and time slips that I'll be posting.

Car Mods

1993 Celica Alltrac
215,000 Miles on stock** internals
50k approx on the clutch
Greddy td06 20g at anywhere from 10psi to 15psi. (boost creep)
Greddy downpipe
3" Exausht w/ HKS Silent Hi-Power
Cheap FMIC with 2.25" piping
ASI 50mm aluminum w/ 9" spal fan
Relocated battery.
Khumo super high performance streets tires, at 45psi on Celica GT-S 00+ rims
Full interior, 12" sub and amp.

QM Time on my last run was 13.65!

Not too shabby, pics and vids and time slip scan to come. Though my reaction time was god awful... the lights were really funky on the last run.

-Towels

2of81

YerRandO":1bu2ayqw said:
WarTowels":1bu2ayqw said:
215,000 Miles on stuck internals

Stuck internals, well there is your problem right there!

What problem? That it was running 10-15 PSI and did a mid 13?

Who cares about your reaction time, your not bracket racing it. The thing to worry about is your 60 ft.

Nice times BTW fer what it is.

WarTowels

lol, yes. I meant stock. I was in a hurry.

My 60 foot was something like 1.6s? I think. I need to pull out my slip.

Thanks guys though, I'm pretty happy with the times given what I've done.

-Greg

WarTowels

RedCelicaTRD":1jo6uqjv said:
Good times. Any reason you where running 45psi in the tires?

Quite frankly, I didn't know what I should run for optimal grip.

The max pressure on the tires is 51psi. So I thought 45 would be a nice happy medium.

-Greg

vip09

Not bad man!! I ran 13.3 @ 102mph on almost the same setup. I'm sure you could shave some time off somehow.

I was on stock USDM ECU, injectors, fuel pump.
12psi on TD06. I had 9.0:1 compression pistons though. But my clutch was slipping and I had low compression in one cylinder.

darthripley

that's a good time w/stock fuel, ecu & 16 yr old suspension + street tires.
you'll get better with more practice too.

what was your trap speed?

RedCelicaTRD

I personally would run a lower PSI in the tires but if it's working for you then keep it up. I would probably run around 25 to start and adjust from there.

WarTowels

DSC02389.jpg

Excuse the reaction time... I got some funky lights that round.

-Towels

vip09

Don't feel bad about the reaction time.. I don't even try to launch right at the light. It doesn't mean a thing unless you are bracket racing.

That is an awesome 60' time!!! I've never gotten below 1.8. Guess I need some better tires because all I do is spin! Your trap speed looks a little low for 15psi. Overall not a bad run at all! Very respectable.

WarTowels

Well it's not "really" 15psi, it really depends on what the turbo feels like doing.

And if it ever gets up to 15 it's only for a bit. It's generally more around 11.

Thank you for the kind words.

My next mod is going to be an EBC hoping that will steady out my boost, I'll set it to 14psi and put my tires down to 25psi and see if I can shave a few tenths off.

-Towels

vip09

WarTowels":1syt0x14 said:
Well it's not "really" 15psi, it really depends on what the turbo feels like doing.

And if it ever gets up to 15 it's only for a bit. It's generally more around 11.

Thank you for the kind words.

My next mod is going to be an EBC hoping that will steady out my boost, I'll set it to 14psi and put my tires down to 25psi and see if I can shave a few tenths off.

-Towels

You have the ATS external wastegate kit on there right? Do you have a wideband on your car?

WarTowels

vip09":8efozrt0 said:
You have the ATS external wastegate kit on there right? Do you have a wideband on your car?

No. It is internally gated.

I have a wideband, but it's not wired up yet.

-Towels

vip09

I would save some money for the ATS external kit before I bought a boost controller. The internal wastegate on that turbo is horrible.

BTW.. my stock fuel system was maxing out at 13psi.. it would start leaning out to 12.3 to 12.5:1 AFR

WarTowels

I feel like I could make my own kit, if I could get someone to build me a screamer pipe.

I don't really feel like taking my turbo off though... so I may get a EBC to help maintain boost out of pure laziness. Plus I'm saving up for some non car related things so money is tighter.

-Towels