Aluminum vs Poly Diff Mount

Parkins

Hey guys, I know there are a million threads on the diff mounts, and I've gone through them all. My question is what are the pros and cons of each? Why choose aluminum over poly or poly over aluminum? They are 2 very different materials and must have rather different results...

Thanks

Parkins

Well I think more of what I wanna know, is how badly is your car vibrating with the solid mount? Mine is mostly a daily driver and I'm not sure how much vibration I really want...

gt4tified

Its a rear diff you're speaking of, that's mounted to the sub-frame, not the body. Even so its in the back of the car, so unless you drive from the back seat, I doubt it will be that noticeable.

masco

slightly more vibrations with the solid rear diff mount. some people are concerned with the durability of the rear diff, and go with a poly mount. if you go solid you should stiffen up the rest of the mounts at the same time to reduce the stress placed on the rear diff. subframe bushings, poly motor mounts, maybe front subframe bushings, and you should be good. if you do all this im sure you will notice more vibrations.

You should drive from the back seats to improve the weight ratio of your car. :p

klue

I doubt anyone has put on a poly mount, and then switched to alloy, or vice versa.
The difference is obvious, the harness. Polyurethane has some pliability where as alloy is near solid as you want to get. They can both be daily driven, and would problem be alot more comfortable than a damaged mount