parking-brake shoes

Suspension and other discussion

Postby Rick89GTS » Tue May 26, 2009 2:24 am

^Great find, especially for about CDN$70. It's not much more than re-lining the old shoes plus you get all new hardware. Thanks :D

ST165 Parking Brakes (cross-reference):
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=329275#329275
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Last edited by Rick89GTS on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick89GTS
GTFour God

Postby aubeone » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:04 pm

I am hoping to get the replacement hard lines for the rear brakes tonight, bend and install and then get things back together, so I'll hopefully be posting some pics of the set-up for all to see for fitment and multi-coloured fashion :D
Parting Out an 88 ST165
Parts Available:
JDM Gen2 3SGTE w/ converted harness and Gen2 ECU
New suspension and brakes
Full Black Leather Interior (both front seats with pwr lumbar)

Contact for details.
aubeone
Club Member

Postby aubeone » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:24 pm

I can't post the pics from work, but in my sig is the link to my build page where there are pics of all the new brake bits.

Verdict: Everything fit perfectly and the only piece that wasn't included was the "spreader" bar, which of course I cleaned-up and painted lol

Total Cost:

Original Purchase $89.00
Core Return (20.00)
Final Tally $69.00 Canadian
Parting Out an 88 ST165
Parts Available:

Contact for details.
aubeone
Club Member

Postby LegacyofDan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:16 pm

i had my buddy at advanced auto source me the shoes for 31 bucks.

but i'm sorta perplexed...i have the shoes condensed as small as the lil gear adjusting thing allows it to get, and i have the e brake down, and i even loosened the cable on the ebrake just to be sure, but my rotors will not fit over my shoes.

the shoes are dead identical, the only difference lie between their condition, brand new vs used.

i even wire brushed and sanded the drum portion of the rotor in case the lil itty bitty amount of surface rust was causing it to not go in. still no luck.

i know its a really simple job. and its embarrassing to ask, but wtf could i be doing wrong? :oops: :(
LegacyofDan
GTFour God

Postby aubeone » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:34 pm

If the bottoms are in as far as they'll go, try checking the top. I had inadvertantly tried to install the bar and spring backward on the first side, but quickly realized the mistake when I took it back out and saw that there is an extra bit of room on one side for the lever that makes the whole thing work.

Could that be it?

Failing that, I find that if I dont get thing together perfect the first time, if I take it apart and start over the second time works like a charm. Counter productive maybe, but that's how you take a two month project into it's second year without seeing light at the end of the tunnel...though it's more about my time and level of interest at this point lol
Parting Out an 88 ST165
Parts Available:

Contact for details.
aubeone
Club Member

Postby gpmarzan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:16 am

LegacyofDan wrote:i had my buddy at advanced auto source me the shoes for 31 bucks.

but i'm sorta perplexed...i have the shoes condensed as small as the lil gear adjusting thing allows it to get, and i have the e brake down, and i even loosened the cable on the ebrake just to be sure, but my rotors will not fit over my shoes.

the shoes are dead identical, the only difference lie between their condition, brand new vs used.

i even wire brushed and sanded the drum portion of the rotor in case the lil itty bitty amount of surface rust was causing it to not go in. still no luck.

i know its a really simple job. and its embarrassing to ask, but wtf could i be doing wrong? :oops: :(

which shoes did you use? GTS?
Patrick M.
st165

gpmarzan
Established Member

Postby Rick89GTS » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:06 am

Are they the correct shoes?
Rick89GTS
GTFour God

Postby LegacyofDan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:27 pm

i did what aubeone said took it apart and put back together, still same problem, and i checked that piece you were talking about, i put it in right

how would i distinguish between the GTS and AT shoes? since the brackets are the exact same where the shoe-pad rests on....

i will be honest this is the fist time i have ever changed shoes in my life, i'm used to brake pads since i have done those plenty of times for my self and friends but never shoes, but i had my father take a look and help the second time, and he too is stunned...

does the GTS have a thicker shoe pad than the AT?

but i'm at the point where everything works, and i'm about to say eff it and just put the ol' shoes back on....
LegacyofDan
GTFour God

Postby Mafix » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:52 pm

napa shoe part number
UP10859PB
looks like this is the hold down kit. they do not list a complete hardware kit
UP 80975
Mafix
Gold Member

Postby Mafix » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:53 pm

centric rear shoes
Mafix
Gold Member

Re:

Postby Rallly » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 am

aubeone wrote:The parts I found locally are identical to the parts that came off my car! I have already swapped the pins over to return the shoes for a $20 core...Pics of the part will be up soon :D

Here are the Part Numbers;

Part Supplier Part Number Cost
Shoe Set (Yes, all four) Absco A859 $27.86
Hardware Kit (Complete) Carlson 17390 $31.33

Incase you have a hard time finding a local supplier or shop that deals with Absco or Carlson, here is the contact information for the shop that I got mine through.

Peterborough Automotive
Chris or Randy
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
(705) 742-2446

Is this for the ST185 AllTrac Celica?
Rallly
Club Member

Previous

Return to Handling and Braking