Western Canada Celi Meet - Vernon, BC Aug 7,8,9 2009

pintoBC_3sgte

lol seen so many damn celicas around town lately.. like just this morning saw a black 6th gen... lol wanted to follow n tell em about the meet but i'd look like a creepy stalker :p

YerRandO

86CelicaGT-S":2lgotctb said:
Going to Burnaby on July 8th to check out the Toyota Sponsored Automotive Course at BCIT

I took the toyota course afew years back, I also took the power equipment couse at BCIT right befor that. It's an enty level program, so if you've never worked in a shop befor its a good start but they do start with the very basic material. PM me if you have any questions

pg

pintocrazy32":3lhu77e9 said:
lol seen so many damn celicas around town lately.. like just this morning saw a black 6th gen... lol wanted to follow n tell em about the meet but i'd look like a creepy stalker :p

I stopped by someone in a black RHD alltrac and told him to come...

pintoBC_3sgte

pg":w73fn351 said:
pintocrazy32":w73fn351 said:

I stopped by someone in a black RHD alltrac and told him to come...

wow i have only seen one rhd alltrac here and it was red.. didnt know there was more. i'll try and flag some down if im not in a rush to get to work :p

ChrisD

Hotel Reminder!!

Book your hotel room ASAP. We need to get our bookings in advance in order to secure the discounted rate.

Please book your room no later than this Tuesday, July 7th. (one month before the meet)

The information for the hotel is below:

Thanks!

ChrisD

Hotel Group Rate Information

Best Western Lodge, Vernon 1-800-663-4422

Group booking under "Ogopogo car meet" for August 7th and 8th, check-out on 9th

-Each standard room has 2 Queen beds
-Up to 4 people with no extra occupant charge, feel free to group up to save cash
-Choice of inside or outside facing room
-Cost is $126 for outside facing (reg $144) and $131 for inside atrium facing (reg $149) per night
-Rooms must be booked by June 30 or they are released for general sale

Email me or call me at 403-826-6732 if you have any questions, and let me know when you have booked so I can get an estimate on #'s.

We will be meeting at this hotel for breakfast and also spending the later evening in the in-hotel bar/grille for entertainment, so it will be beneficial if you book @ this hotel. (plus we have a group rate, and it is a pretty nice place)

trialsmaster2

Yeah, I'm hoping that highway 97 as well as Westside road will be open for the Celica meet. As far as I know Westside road is still open right now, but one of the fires is burning in the hills near Fintry.

ChrisD

Some house keeping things:

Go-Kart Info

$20 per person, payable at the gokart track. Print out waiver and complete in advance if you can, will speed things up.

Waiver: http://www.westsidegokarts.com/WAIVER.pdf

Friday Night Show

If you want to enter, you will have to be in Vernon extra early by 3:00. There is no cost to entering the show. The people coming from greater distances per the itinerary (ie. Vancouver and Calgary) are not planning to enter the show - however will walk down to catch the action. :)

pintoBC_3sgte

trialsmaster2":warx7zgr said:
Yeah, I'm hoping that highway 97 as well as Westside road will be open for the Celica meet. As far as I know Westside road is still open right now, but one of the fires is burning in the hills near Fintry.

and ... its closed again :doh: .. hopefully will be back up and operation for the meet

YerRandO

This thread is strangely quiet considering it's only afew days befor the meet. Curious if people have or are going to back out? I know my alltrac won't be up for the journey for this meet, but I can take my 6th gen (which is basically stock).

90TURBO4WD

Im trying my best to be there, But its not looking good Im having some issues with air in my brake lines as well as some maintenence things that happen when the car sits for 2 and a half years in the garage. Then to top it off i have to re-register and insure my car so money is tight. I will do my best to try and be there but :x