st165 aluminum radiator

88gt4DE

I just read that whole thread ... JESUS :shock: ... Rick , I dont know how you didnt lose your friggin mind with all that ... sorry for the new posts on an old topic ... found it first shot on 2nd search attempt :doh: , anyhow ... Im guessing the one on ebay is the same thing , just dropped the ASI name ... I guess ill get one if mine fails the test tomorrow .... thanks guys .... :wink:

Rick89GTS

LOL, I did lose my mind on that project :twisted:
Thank God it's done now.

It's exactly the same radiator. As far as the fitment issues go, it's minimal. The thread tells you what to do and it is a minor adjustment.
I'm very happy with my ASI radiator; I hated the stupid OEM plastic end tanks. WTF was Toyota thinking?!

Kevin Wang is the contact I dealt with, dunno if David is related or not.

88gt4DE

well , you know toyota and the plastic stuff , not what they are known for at all ... Now that mine is running I'm slowly starting to figure out why it was blown up to begin with .... Im sure I"ll find out tomorrow that mine doesnt flow very well at all ....

Toyotaguy

How the radiator holding up and exactly what company made it cause I've found three different ones on eBay and I want one that proven good.

88gt4DE

Toyotaguy":1jwzuck5 said:
How the radiator holding up and exactly what company made it cause I've found three different ones on eBay and I want one that proven good.

Thread from the dead ! Hey man ... mine is still in the car. Early on had a little pin hole from a poor weld in the corner that I covered up with Toyota sealer and I've been ok ever since. Its been in there a long time now. My project thread lists when I put it in and all that good stuff ...

Toyotaguy

88gt4DE":23jbf6wp said:
Toyotaguy":23jbf6wp said:

Thread from the dead ! Hey man ... mine is still in the car. Early on had a little pin hole from a poor weld in the corner that I covered up with Toyota sealer and I've been ok ever since. Its been in there a long time now. My project thread lists when I put it in and all that good stuff ...
Do you remember the brand name? On eBay none of them are labeled as ASI Aluminum radiator

ChrisD

I'm sure they are all the same. I have an ASI, still fine. Might upgrade this winter though to get something a bit thicker. But fine for most people I'd say

Rick89GTS

Hey, they all use the same jig and measurements for that radiator. ASI was the first to do it, and like post above, yes, that one fan hole is slightly off. I enlarged the hole in the OEM fan shroud by making it into an oval shape and all is well.

Awesome-Trac

I got the same eBay special rad and seems pretty decent. That aluminum rad+lower temp thermostat+two 12" slim fans actually does a good job compared to the Oem

Toyotaguy

Sweet just making sure there wasn't any out there that have bad reviews or just poorly made. So I'll just order one of those and I've actually been thinking about going to a lower temp thermostat and some slim fans. 14" in the largest you can go on the fans without having issues Correct?

88gt4DE

Im still running the OEM fans ... I run them full time ... prol shouldnt but I dont use the car very much these days ....