1/4 mile newb (times inside)

88st165

First time running the 1/4 today at a test and tune. I like to turn but I was curious on what I would run lol.

This was my very very first pass ever in my life on the 1/4 mile:
60ft - 1.7453
330ft - 5.5389
1/8 ET- 8.5748
1/8 MPH - 82.31
1000' ET - 11.2009
1/4 ET - 13.3889
1/4 MPH - 104.20

Video:

Mods:
-stock 1st gen engine
-"Twin entry swap"
-CT27 (16psi)
-3" Aussie D/P
-3" APEngineering midpipe (open exhaust past m/p)
-upgraded heat exchanger
-stock st165 WTA intercooler core
-stock 165 intercooler pump
-stock fuel and ignition system
-stock ecu
-400cc nozzle injecting denatured alcohol activating @ 10psi
-ASI alum radiator
-mr2 bpv
-straight intake
-egr delete
-Spec stg 3 cltuch and spec l/w flywheel

I suppose those are all the relevant mods. All my other mods are suspension related.

vip09

Not too bad! That's the same time I ran with my TD06 at 12psi, stock fuel system. You trapped a couple MPH faster though.

klue

400cc might be to much, check your plugs after a run and see if the plugs are all black.

you might be cooling the combusion chamber more than you need to from an over rich mix, thats a nice number though good stuff man.

you could try playing with the mix aswell

88st165

Thanks guys. I was also suprised with my time. I thought I would run 14-15 sec pass. But I have to admit I got lucky that pass. I launched it absolutely as perfect as I would have been even able to do it. All my other runs were garbage b/c I botched the launch. I was able to pull off a 13.46 when I got the launch down again.

Out of all the runs my MPH never increased above 104.xx. My topend doesnt feel as strong as the midrange, I suspect its the ct27. Next time I go to the track It'll be with the turbo kit I made with a garrett 57trim.

88st165

klue":n39qvysx said:
400cc might be to much, check your plugs after a run and see if the plugs are all black.

you might be cooling the combusion chamber more than you need to from an over rich mix, thats a nice number though good stuff man.

you could try playing with the mix aswell

Good Idea on checking the plugs. My afr's were in the 11's at that boost level so I figured I rather be rich than lean. I did some pulls on the way to the track at 19psi! and the afr's were 12.5 wot so I turned the boost back down haha. Even on a cold night w/o the alc injection activated the car doesnt respond as well to boost when it is activated. Im pretty sure the stock 165 intercooler core is just too small for anything above stock power. I heatsoaks extremely fast. Im going front mount in the very near future. Ill post pics of the plugs when I get a chance to pull them out.

88st165

bloodMoney":c0hwue62 said:
I thought that you were running that 57 trim... What happened to that one?

~bloodMoney

Smokes like a sob b/c doug gave me a blown turbo. Im not complaining though, Im going to get it rebuilt and installed prob over the winter. It pulled way harder with that turbo kit we made even with the bad seals.

88st165

Wicked Toys":fag5j2x2 said:
Nice runs

Thanks. There was a guy there with a sti that couldnt launch for shiz but always managed 11.7 or higher. He bought it like that though :shoots:

bloodMoney

See that's funny cause I didn't notice his car smoking before he pulled out the turbo. He would always say that it was blown, but I just thought that he was seeing things... hahahha :lol:

~bloodMoney

88st165

WarTowels":38pi51ql said:
Nice. Beat me, with similar mods.

-Towels

Thanks. How were your launches?

alltracshoak":38pi51ql said:
looking good.that injection helps alot huh.ill be kind of happy with my trac running 13s with a ct series turbo

I think the injection system is what enables me to get a decent time. I was boosting 19psi on the way down to the track. I had to keep up with 3 of my buddies who have damn near supercars i.e 700whp 03 cobra, 97 viper gts, 94 supra. So when they were hustlin I was really hustling lol. Even at 19psi my afrs were at 12.5 which is on the edge so I turned it down to 16psi for the track which dipped my afrs back into the 11's.

vip09":38pi51ql said:
Not too bad! That's the same time I ran with my TD06 at 12psi, stock fuel system. You trapped a couple MPH faster though.

Hmm how is that possible? With a TD06 shouldnt you have alot more top end?

88st165

Mafix":2wf2912o said:
different setup, different tuning, no injection, heavier car.

good point. i would think that with his large front mount that would eliminate the injection advantage. how much does the 185 weight?