Project:Left Hand of God

Mafix

you could run methanol, use less injector, eliminate the staged injector setup, and run cooler temps and make more power.
from what i've gathered, with that much injector and the power levels you are hoping to achieve, any gas will not combust fast enough. you are going to have to find an alternative.
you really need to look into this. i don't see you getting much past the 1000 hp mark before you have serious egt issues.

Mafix

one more thing i happened to think of. what the hell is your target boost going to be? it will have to be between 50 and 70 psi for those numbers and i don't see the N2o being needed. also the ATA intercooler won't work at all at that point. you'll have to get a WTA and fill it with dry ice every run.
in theory you could use the secondary rail if you insist on using the N2o for that purpose alone. i also don't think the wiseco pistons wil hold up at those levels. you'll have to use either a mahle or an arias piston. just 2 cents. i can back this all up if you like. send me a PM if interested.

lumbercis

86turboswap":e60xif4b said:
Like I said I didn't read your entire thread, I'm not quite calling BS. But you got big dreams.

I think this will be a strong learning experience for the OP. At a certain age, no amount of sage advice will work as well as hard experience.

stevo27

it will be running on methonal and you need 26% more alcholol when compared to gas

do to the cooler temperatures i will not be running an intercooler

88st165

It good to see you are still truckin' away at your project. Most people with such big ambitions in the beginning give up after a while. Im looking forward to you taking this to the end.

stevo27

Mafix":1lndvsb3 said:
one more thing i happened to think of. what the hell is your target boost going to be? it will have to be between 50 and 70 psi for those numbers and i don't see the N2o being needed. also the ATA intercooler won't work at all at that point. you'll have to get a WTA and fill it with dry ice every run.
in theory you could use the secondary rail if you insist on using the N2o for that purpose alone. i also don't think the wiseco pistons wil hold up at those levels. you'll have to use either a mahle or an arias piston. just 2 cents. i can back this all up if you like. send me a PM if interested.

looking at 55-60psion the 47r

and i still need the 8 injectors to fuel the motor

and you do not neet addtional injectors on a nitrous system unless it is a dry shot mine is a direct injection fogger set up the fuel is jeted in the nozzle

stevo27

Mafix":23foscer said:
good deal. glad you've looked into all this.

yea the reason for the nitrous
A. its a massive turbo for a 2.0l with the nitrous i expect full boost between 5000-6000rpm so im either going to have a 6-7000rpm powerband
B. no intercooler nitrous drops intake temps HUGE i can't remeber exact numbers ive got it all written do but i beleive its between 130-140 degree drop in intake temps on turbo cars a 250 shot ends up being closer to 300
C. it'll come on hard and that's what i want

and for the 12,000rpm my cams will do it my springs will hold the valves down and my head will flow enought air to feed the motor simple

as for the rotational mass being to high is bullshit my crank is 7 lbs lighter than stock hell you can spin a small block chevy to 9500rpm if you build it right

as for the pistons they will hold up theyve got a nice thick deck on them plus theres a nice little trick being done to them and if dude actully pitted on a top fuel team he'll know whats being done

wakkjobb

and for the 12,000rpm my cams will do it my springs will hold the valves down and my head will flow enought air to feed the motor simple
I'm hearing F1 cars in my head... 8) 8)

hell you can spin a small block chevy to 9500rpm if you build it right
x2; those NASCAR engines may be considered 'super special' but deep down they're still SBC and Effie engines...

This should be a very VERY interesting engine when it's done... can't imagine how it's going to idle; super lumpy or ??

Awesome.
>>Dan

stevo27

idle wont be stupid lumpy lift isnt really all that huge
piston will expand but not enought to hit the cylinder walls

running 7 or 8 tho clearence i believe so until she warms up it's gonna sound like the pistons are looking for diffrent holes :shoots:

Mafix

lol. she should be fun to break in that's for sure. better pull you knock map from a space ship to keep the ems from pulling timing.

siralys

You're using a billet crank right? As for the high rpms i dont see flow being the problem, I'd be worried about the extreme force on the connecting rods trying to pull them apart. I think no matter what the connecting rod studs and the caps are gonna be worked to their limits. I'm glad to see how much thought you put into everything though, I hope this monster is successful and look forward to reading more about your project! Good luck with the build and keep us alltrac junkies posted.

stevo27

that's not a full head it's a cam /spring set up
just some spare parts i have haha i was gonna build a street driven alltrac but can't afford 3 toys at the moment lol

Red Rabbit

OHHHH OK stupid me i thought it was a head and all at first lol i know the woes of wantng too many cars at one time and not having the money lol i think we all do on here

stevo27

lkibh.jpg

he he he