need help

xkirex

anybody in the 909/pomona area know or have the means to help change a clutch on my car. I dont wanna get it done at a shop cuz of the cost. Just need someone to help me out. =[ just wondering

solarinsocal

Wow, that's a tall order! :doh: Hahaha. Are you looking for someone to assist you as in you know what you are doing and need an extra set of hands or are you looking for someone to do it for you and you be the extra set of hands?

xkirex

well I've never done it. so I'd be the extra helping hands. A local buddy said his shop would do the clutch swap for 200 bucks but they are used to working on hondas and i dunno about their work. I just want this thing to start running again.

celicaGTS_T

Ive got some buddies who work at proto motoring if ur interested... off La Cadena. They work on toyota's, honda's, nissan's, etc.... Lemme know

solarinsocal

$200 is quite the hook up price if they truly can change the clutch out on the alltrac. Proto may be a good place to take it if not.

Rpz123isme

I am sure once they start the price will go up. I told you i could help if it will make it to my casa. All of my tools reside here.

xkirex

yea man. I was actually hopin that you'd still be willing to help me out. It will not make it under its own power but i can prob get it towed there or something. I just need to know what days you would be available. if anything i'd be down to drive down the weekends and knock it out

Rpz123isme

i sent you a pm. btw the clutch i have might not work it is from a 185? does anyone know if a 185 clutch will work on a 165?

rrain3288

once they get into the car your price is going to jump up to around 500+1000 there thinking its the same as the reg celica's the alltrac trans is alot more time intensive and a true pain in the a#*

xkirex

Thread Revive!

Ok, my car has been sittin and chillin for months already and its starting to make me sad.

Anyone got the tools and stuff to help change out my clutch.

Robert, i know you'd say you'd help and im kinda just waiting on you to hit me up whenever but if i can get it fixed sooner then that would be cool.

shoot me a PM guys if you guys are around the 909/pomona area and can help me change this shit out. =[

xkirex

Thanks to all the guys the pm'ed me about helping me out. but somehow I got a hold of a local mechanic who was willing to do the clutch for 175 flat rate. he is currently working on it and got the clutch out and to my surprise. He got the clutch off with keeping the engine in the car. Amaaazed. the clutch disk that i had taken out was completely owned! I mean NOOOO meat on the pads at all. Ill snap some pictures of the progress and post em.

SOOO i might have the alltrac running by tonight =D. wish me luck!

xkirex

of course stuff is always too good to be true.

It turns out the mechanic was able to get the tranny off but cant seem to get it back in. him and 2 of his workers were at it for hours and just seem to be hating life right now. so they called it quits for today and now my tranny is just chillin on my driveway until tomorrow when they'll get crackin on it again.

greaaaat...=[[

alltracshoak

heheheh i would feel like them if i was trying to change the clutch with the engine inside just taking off the transmission

xkirex

yea they were at it since 12 this afternoon and called it quits around 5-6, but he was able to get to the clutch in less than 4 hours. I wonder whats the problem getting the tranny back on. =/ oh wells. at least if gives me a chance to fill my motormounts. they are tore the fk up!

BrotherRE

tilt top of engine as far back as you can go ... tilt top of trans as far forward as you can go ... with right angle there is a sweet spot right before the top of the xfer case will hit the firewall area ... watch corner of block and transfer case area thats where its getting caught ... push trans in and rotate reverse of above ...

I had an easier time getting the trans back on with the engine in the car than getting it off ... (getting that corner bolt in and tight is lots of fun unless u have a somewhat short ratcheting open end 14? cant remember)