Turbo Timer Question

I don't really know much about the electrical stuff of the car.

I already have a turbo timer in my car but bought a Greddy one to match my Greddy EBC. My question is: Is a greddy turbo timer harness different than other turbo timer harnesses or are they all the same?

97JZA80

The harness is gonna be specific to the brand you buy, i.e. an HKS harness vs a greddy harness, they would be made for their brand timer. However the harnesses are all essentially the same thing, a T-harness that goes inline to your ignition wiring so you dont have to hack things up. That being said if you know what the wires are for the timer your installing and have a little bit of wiring experience you could use any harness. It just wouldnt be plug and play as designed when you use a harness. Make sense?

There arent alot of wires involved. maybe 4. power, acc, ground, and ebrake

ok thanks, so for someone like me with very little experience in electrical/wiring do you think it would be easier just to buy a harness made specifically for the greddy one i have?

tissimo

If you all ready have a turbo timer, its either all ready hard wired in or you have an adapter harness. If it has a jumper harness it may not directly plug into your turbo timer, but you can hard wire it to those wires. Itll save you 15-20 bucks on the adapter. If its hardwired, just use the same wires.

Meurz

97JZA80":3viamsmf said:
The harness is gonna be specific to the brand you buy, i.e. an HKS harness vs a greddy harness, they would be made for their brand timer.
There are exceptions though - HKS and Blitz for instance are 100% interchangeable.

TRDcelica90

ive got an apexi and apperently the HKS one fits exactly... im looking at getting one how much should i pay? theres a hks one for 45 delivered on ebay?

935motorsports

TT-14-13 ST185
TT-14-11 ST165

You can use an HKS harness with a greddy turbo timer and vice versa. But some timers have a 4 plug pin while others have a 3 pin. If it doesn't match, you need the little adapter that comes with the timer usually.

I just installed a greddy harness, with an HKS type 1, no issues.

935 I would buy one from you but I need it soon and alot of feedback is saying you take a long time to deliver. So if you could get to me within a 1-2 week period I would buy it from you.