The ST165 wheel size thread (offsets, widths, etc)

Toxygene

Do you know the resulting offset with the spacers?

Also what's the spec on those wheels? Size, width, offset.

GT4165

they came out on wrx's with 205/50/16 the offset is something like 42 or 45 and there an awsome rim, lighweight and built really string, nit like most aftermarket rims

alltracst185

^ they are mid to late 90's 2.5 rs wheels.....i thought about using them for drag wheels with some good sticky tires :wink: they look good!!!

GT4165

99/00 WRX STi rims, if only they had a bigger dish they would look even better, very simililar to te37's but a bit rounder

ChrisD

Just installed 16x7 w/ +33 offset TE37's on my car. The fit is great. Inner clearance is fine, front is flush and back sits just far enough I don't think it will rub. I have only driven it for 5-10 minutes though, but didn't notice any issues. Tires are 205/50R16.

Quick picture, I'll get some better pics at some point.

exteriorvolks.jpg

Tiki_man

Thank you sir you just helped me decide my size and offset the TE's look mean. Think I'm gonna go with a set of RPF1's 16X7 +35 with 205/50's if you don't mind me copying lol.

ChrisD

No worries, that should work perfect. I have found that I will have to roll my front fenders tho. Ho hum.

Updated pic

IMG_0433_med.jpg

phate1229

has anybody tried those st185 17x9s on the rockeeter site? I'm thinking about running them on the track with some wider front and rear fenders

Toxygene

phate1229":deefb2sk said:
has anybody tried those st185 17x9s on the rockeeter site? I'm thinking about running them on the track with some wider front and rear fenders

From everything that's been written so far on this thread, I think it's safe to assume that running anything beyond 7 inches wide will require an after market suspension and different offset for the front and rear. In addition, you might even have to dial in a little negative camber to squeeze in 9 inch wide rims if you can fit them at all.

Anyone have pictures of their 8 inch wheels from inside their wheel wells?

xcesive

16x7.5 40mm wheels with 215/45/16 tires with lowering springs and 25mm spacers on the back.
5892_228728220342_609525342_7691783_766609_n.jpg

took some banging/masaging on the fender lips to stop the rubbing and some moding of the front fender liners. seems to be some more room behind the wheels so i'd say a 8" wheel with a 45 offset would fit without too much modification.

xcesive

Tarmac_St165":2fsdmilf said:
why is nobody running 9j's?
i plan on running somewhere around 15x9 +25

because it would take quite a bit of modification to get them to fit. I plan on running 9's eventually myself, but i think that might require more than just rolling the fenders.

Tarmac_St165

yeah pull the fenders its really no big deal i saw someone on here with sport max's 8j +0 and it didnt seem too rediculous at all.
i havent really check clearances but is the problem that the inner lip/tire will rub the struts?

Rawbz

So what's the verdict of the sizes and offsets the 165 can run. Comming accrosed this thread ruins my plans. I was hoping I can use same offsets as the 185. I was looking at getting some 17x9 25f and 3 rears.

Or maybe I'll still get them and try it any ways

I geuess if it dosnt fit sell them to someone with a 185 or put them to the side for one day I'll get my own 185.

Tarmac_St165

You can fit those sizes. People in here are being REALLY conservative with there sizes. Just buy wheel put them on pull and roll fenders. done.